Come and show me your food diary those in maintenance

Options
Hey,

I'm approaching my goal and will be not wanting to lose anymore weight but still wanting to burn fat and build muscle - can you show me what you food looks like if you are in this stage? Pref ladies but input from the boys welcome x

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, but keep in mind that I eat a whole foods, plant based diet so it's going to look a bit different :) I'm not focusing on building muscle, as I'm quite happy with how my body looks/functions now. Exercise wise I walk 10-12 miles and do a couple miles of slow jogging a week.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I just moved to maintenance this week. I'm still trying to work out the kinks that come with increasing and changing my macros to include more carbs. My goal is to do a lean bulk soon and gain some muscle.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you add me you can see my diary :) I'm maintaining my weight this way since quite a while now.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just switched to maintenance; I'm a vegetarian. You're welcome to look at my diary!
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to have a look. But please hold any criticisms! My diet is not perfect. I do better some days than others. To be honest, I wouldn't mind dropping an extra pound or two, but I'm pretty much at maintenance. I've also been really trying (some days harder than others) to cut back on the starchy carbs.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. Except yesterday. Don't look at yesterday.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. Except yesterday. Don't look at yesterday.
    ^^^ this. I just started maintenance two weeks ago. Upping this week 150 more calories to see where that puts me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My diary is open but I eat lots of everything! No banned foods for me, just moderation ☺ I eat an average of 1900-2100 cals/day.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I'm eating about 2300 calories or so, sometimes more & sometimes less. I am working out less than a month ago so moved down from 2450 (sad, less food). I'm 45 yr old, 5'6" and weigh around 145 (bounce between that and 148). I worked my way up to figure out my maintenance by adding 100-250 calories every month until I gained weight (which was at 2450 when I wasn't working out quite so much).
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I generally eat 1700 calories and eat back exercise as calculated with Garmin on top of that. No exercise for the last week or so. Really bad cold.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I hit maitenance again last week (lost another 10lbs from last time) feel free to take a look at mine as well. I try to hit my macros but need to work on my carbs. I need to work on getting more food in as well (higher calorie items) or I will continue to lose.... :\
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Mine's open.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Mine is open have added you!! Steph eats alot!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you want a slightly different take on things...

I aim for 1g per pound of LBM as my minimum protein goal, 0.4g fat per pound of bodyweight as a minimum and carbs fall wherever they fall. I eat all the foodz and enjoy all the foodz! My food choices and macros are exactly the same at maintenance as they were when I was losing weight, only the weekly calorie goal changed in effect.

Maintaining with one very low calorie day a week (c.650cals) and six days at a slight surplus. (I followed the 5:2 way of eating when I was losing weight.)

Base calories six days a week are usually 2200 plus approximately 500 - 700 exercise calories on top.

(Currently eating at 2000 + exercise cals as I'm nibbling off a few pounds slowly post vacation.)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Mine is open, however I've been eating at a deficit to make up for Thanksgiving (done now) and I'm still trying to lose a couple pounds, plus I have some weeks when I'm extremely hungry, so I'm still trying to keep a deficit when I can (goal is set at 2000, my TDEE is around 2100-2200).
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My diary is public - anyone is welcome to look at it - maintaining for 9 months. I am on a challenge right now so set a bit lower in calories since I have 4 lbs to lose by Jan 1 to get to my happiest maintenance weight of 131 (I have a range, but I am at the top of it right now). I am Gluten Free by medical necessity so no judgements please. o:) Most days I'm on top of my game, sometimes I'm not, lol.