Me too me too!!
  • connorscm08
    connorscm08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me three!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I reserve the Holidays for food and family and sacrifice my short term plans for the long term. I stay at maintenance and give myself a realistic budget and goals in November and December.

My goals for December are to do more than 20 consecutive pull ups and over 100 pushups.
  • alvarez12406
    alvarez12406 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do! Holiday calorie counting stinks!!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    No holiday counting for me. I'm more than happy to maintain or even gain a little over the holiday period if it means enjoying my time off and making the most of being with my friends and family. A few pounds in exchange for a stress free and indulgent Christmas is a no-brainer in my eyes.

As the saying goes "It's not what you eat the 2 weeks between Christmas and New Years that makes you fat, but what you eat the other 50 weeks between New Years and Christmas"
  • positivevibes4u
    positivevibes4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Perfect, let’s motivate each other 😏
  • RainbowIcee
    RainbowIcee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just add some low calorie Christmas sprinkles to your beans, reindeer dust to your broccoli, and bundle up in 10 layers of clothes and hit the track :) I will try today and let you know if it works!qvp3bctw1iht.jpeg
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    eym6y76nya8c.jpg

I've lost 10lbs in 4 weeks! I'm on it right now! In the middle of the Couch to 10K and eating very healthy!
    No excuses for me over Xmas I'm working my bum off!
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I gained 6.5 lbs of carb loaded water weight in one weekend of cookies and egg nog. It’s taken me a week of hard work to take it back off. Lol I’m just trying to maintain this month and get in some extra workouts. Super not easy!!!!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I think we all need motivation regardless of the time of season but yes more so during the holidays.

In the past it wasn't so much a problem as I could workout extremely hard and at least maintain if not lose a little weight, despite all the food and merriment around me (both of which are my Achilles). But the last two years have found me in poor health due to injuries and illness which has made it difficult to do my normal activities making it difficult to even maintain.

So of course having outside motivations such as others to poke me when I'm not able to get myself going or even just reading of others success helps me sometimes make the healthy choices.

Lets all just watch Rock and then download the soundtrack and hit the gym! :smiley:

Actually a great start would be to make a daily/weekly and month goals and hold yourself accountable. It can be easy like 10k steps a day and 15 minutes of activity, just to start. That's mine for now.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The holiday madness hasn't hit my yet (food-wise), but the slew of Christmas parties and dinners will start this weekend. I've been slacking off the past couple of days and eating at/near maintenance calories. Hopefully all the running around shopping has offset some of the food calories.