My Reflections back on 1500 consecutive days logging into MFP and my 207 lbs lost!

Options
staffordshire62
staffordshire62 Posts: 28 Member
edited December 2018 in Success Stories
85jp6vbzj5cc.jpg
hgr9csd0j3nk.jpg
I used to be depressed and wonder how and why I became an incredibly unhealthy and extremely obese 400 lb man, and such an unhappy person in my early 50's. I was on 9 medications, type 2 diabetic, and ready to throw in the towel...

One day, I came to the realization that it was nobody's fault but my own and had to hold myself accountable for each and every decision I made regarding my health and it has to be a permanent way of life with no "magic" pills, potions, or shortcuts.

1500 days ago I stumbled on the My Fitness Pal app and the great info and support here has turned out to be a huge contributing factor to my success in losing 207 lbs and keeping it off for close to 3 years now. Additionally, I have been able to get off all medications and have not been type 2 diabetic for the past 3 years. At age 56 now, I am in better shape than I was in my early 30s.

I HAVE GOTTEN MY LIFE , AND HEALTH BACK!!!!!

Looking back now, I had lost weight before and did the yo yo thing a few times and I now realize that I was going about things the wrong way.

I now know it's most important to get healthy FIRST which leads to a permanent positive attitude and thought process which ultimately let's the small changes you make add up slowly to reinforce the health and fitness goals that you make. Once these changes occur, the weight will start to take care of itself especially if you are armed with this great community of people and embrace some help from regular people who are or have been in the same position.

Knowledge and a good plan is key, but it takes time and patience to make lasting changes and undo all those bad habbits accumulated over the course of our lifetime. It's never too late to start and you will be amazed at how your body can heal itself and bounce back from decades of neglect or abuse.

I truly from the bottom of my heart want to thank this great community of people and especially my friends I have made here along the way for all the fun, sillyness, and incredible support given to me.

I have been told on many occasions that my story has had a huge impact on others on my friends list (as well as people at my gym) and many have privately reached out to me behind the scenes. This is such a humbling feeling for me and I really appreciate and embrace it.

We all have imperfections, obstacles, fall off the wagon, binge, get stressed, beat ourselves up, have real life issues, but the constant here in this community is positive reinforcement and an outpouring of love from total strangers.....AMAZING!! Nobody is or will ever be perfect and once we realize it's not about a bad day , bad week, or bad month..... Its about having MORE good than bad days and sticking with your program and making health and fitness a lifestyle rather than just a temporary remedy.

If anyone is struggling , just beginning, or needs some support...Friend me and I will do my best to pay it forward.

GCE

94hy3aga5cup.jpg
9vhidknb1czs.jpg
hi2r8hyu2rgj.jpg
cmruywaigjqr.jpg
fn2brt1os811.jpg

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! So inspirational!!! You look amazing! Like two different people! Thanks for sharing this! You rock!!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Duuuuude! Well done! Thank you for sharing this. Love the pictures.
  • Kuchiness
    Kuchiness Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is a truly amazing and inspirational story. My hats off to you sir.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    After reading your story and seeing your pics I know I can do this. At 53, I’ve had a medical emergency that smacked me around and woke me up. Thanks for inspiration
  • Heamous
    Heamous Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow. Nothing but respect. Incredible change.
  • staffordshire62
    staffordshire62 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HokieBrad wrote: »
    After reading your story and seeing your pics I know I can do this. At 53, I’ve had a medical emergency that smacked me around and woke me up. Thanks for inspiration

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Self reliance, hard work, & robot like consistency...fantastic transformation
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, simply amazing.👏👏
    Looking fantastic
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    wow. Amazing transformation.
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing 👏🏼 so much inspiration
  • hazeleni
    hazeleni Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrarulations! For your determination, your inspiring journey and the jncredible transformation!
  • kireler
    kireler Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good job man! Crazy transformation ... you sir have a will of iron! Thanks for sharing it's inspiring for sure.

Another benefit you didn't mention is that now the Bass will look bigger :smile:
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! thank you for sharing!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a story! I am floored. I hope you inspire many more people along the way. To be able to go from diabetic to not....that in and of itself is incredible. You've given your loved ones the gift of your presence for many more years to come. And you will be able to actually enjoy those years. Outstanding!
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    👏🏼 fan-freaking-tastic!!!! such an amazing transformation.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing journey with our community! You are such an inspiration.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You sir, are a first class winner AND all time champion, period.

Mega ultra YAY YOU and thank you ever so much for sharing your powerful, inspirational and just plain ROCKING adventure with us=BOOM!
  • megleighd
    megleighd Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Awesome.
  • newhopeind
    newhopeind Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Incredible story, man. Thank you for sharing that. You look like a beast in the weight room.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!