30 day shred...Day 1

Options
Today was my first day of doing the 30 day shred and I thought I was going to die!!! I couldn't even do everything which is frustrating for me, but tomorrow is a new day so I guess I will try again!!

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Just got mine today, am going to start tonight, should be interesting!!! Good luck!!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, modify what you can and eventually you will be doing it better than Jillian! :)
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started yesturday and I thought I was going to die. Im use to excerise but that kick my butt big time. Today my legs are that sore I can barely walk. I wont do it again today, not until Im able to move again...lol!
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! it's amazing and you will see those inches coming off soon! yes you will be sore but don't stop. Good Luck
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Just started a few days ago and was very surprised at how much I did have to push it. I thought 20 minutes...no biggie...even toyed with starting with level 2. Glad I didn't and really glad I picked up the DVD. It gets my heart rate up and is short enough to do when I have little time or as a part of a longer routine. I just can't do a DVD for an hour long workout...I get bored and end up watching the clock.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Haha. I have totally been in your shoes. When I first started, Level 1 kicked my butt! And I was following Anita the whole time. Soon enough I could follow Natalie, and then I moved to Level 2 and Level 3 and it wasn't so bad anymore. You have to start somewhere :D And the Shred really builds your stamina and strength. I lost 8 pounds and an 1 1/2" off my waist doing it for a month or so. I've actually graduated from the Shred and started Chalean Extreme.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Took me about 2 weeks of doing it 3 - 4 times a week before I could get through the whole thing without stopping. Don't give up! You can do it!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand what you are talking about! I thought I was gonna die, and remembered every crappy thing I ate :laugh:
    But it was easier after Day 3. Drink a lot of water and eat some potassium rich foods, like banana. You won't have much pains after that.

I am just doing it for the past 2.5 weeks and have lost 2 inches off my waist already :)
    I would highly recommend this to anyone :drinker:
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do stick with it...I've been doing it every day for a total of 16 days (I had to take 2 days off, but I didn't want to) and I've lost an inch in both my waist and my hips and now the weight is starting to fall off. It took 2 weeks to finally be able to see some results, but I'm not turning back now!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've done it for a week and a half now and only missed 2 days so far. It still kicks my butt every time, especially when you get to those jumping jacks then jump rope and then jumping jacks and then jump rope! I have to stop for a couple seconds to stand still or I will fall over! Keep on doing it! I can't believe how much easier it is after less than 2 weeks! :) I'm thinking about trying Level 2 tomorrow, but I'm scared!!