2»

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    I've been doing this
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-muscle-building-workout-routine/
    But can't do the RDL, little to no hamstring flexibility my whole life.

Looks like a solid U/L split. How were you progressing prior to your cut? Is this your first real cut and did you ever bulk - or were you in recomp mode?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    This cut is the first time I really paid attention to calorie intake, and macros breakdown. I did not like the way I looked at 190. But I am pretty disappointed that there was not much muscle to reveal when I lost 15 pounds.

Don’t get discouraged - it happens to a lot of us. My first cut I thought I’d be in a great spot and ripped at 200... Didn’t happen. I had to keep dropping and dropping. I hit 185 before I was lean enough (abs, yay!). It really pissed me off. Last cut I got to 195 at the same bf% and maybe I’ll get lucky next year and finally make it at 200 after the cut. Started a new bulk last month and about 205 right now. It’s certainly a slow process.

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Similar stats as yourself (6'0, 165lbs)...just throwing this out there but sub 2,000kcals for someone your size seems too drastic of a cut. What is your maintenance like from your normal baseline weight? (ex) @ 6'0, 165lbs, I'm consuming 2,400-3,000kcal range give or take based on daily activity fluctuations mostly)
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I agree but it can't be too drastic of a cut if weight stops coming off right? I started cutting at 2268 on September 5th. Several weeks in I dropped it 100 calories to continue losing 1 pound per week. And gradually I have made my way down to 1800 calories. I've been hovering between 176-178 for the past several days. And that is why I was considering going down to 1,700...

"Days " is not really long enough to assess anything or change your goal. You need to be looking at the trend across weeks.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get more lean look and I also don't know if I should start cutting or bulking? Any help maybe ?
    f7e77g9exqdm.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I guess it's just frustrating never seeing change/results despite effort in the gym, and counting calories. Maybe too old at 38?

Do you have earlier pictures as well? There's probably more progress than you think.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    following
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

I'm trying to get more lean look and I also don't know if I should start cutting or bulking? Any help maybe ?
    f7e77g9exqdm.jpg

Well if this is your goal, then it won’t come with a bulk. You need to cut if you wanna become lean...