janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Changed portion / number

Weight of three I bought
    1 Garnet 1.70 LB
    Two weighed together 2.82 lb
    Any help in calorie count?
    I put Fage 0% for protein

That's about 1,100 calories. Most people would consider that a high calorie dinner, but it's all about whether or not it fits into your day. What is your overall calorie goal?
  • pinkgurl456
    pinkgurl456 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today I basically had 100 140 for breakfast 400 for lunch so I guess that gives me around 1,800 range
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot of calories just from sweet potatoes (although depends on your goals). What else are you eating?
  • pinkgurl456
    Options
    I know the rest of the calorie numbers from breakfast/ lunch are what I listed (says on container etc)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    And you couldn’t look up the usda sweet potato entry (which is what we all did...)
  • pinkgurl456
    Options
    I feel like you are looking for a argument which I decline honestly now I know how many calories are in the potatoes the rest I’m completely sure of all I need to do is hit the gym harder when I consume those calories 😒
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    No I’m honestly curious - why couldn’t you look them up?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,147 Member
    Options
    Would sweet potato’s be considered low value or high calorie wise. My dinners usually consist of 4 large sweet potato’s with Greek yogurt not sure if this is a high calorie dinner or not

If you enter the amount (properly measured and weighted) in your dairy, MFP will give you the calorie of the dinner and the breakdown of the macros. It seems to me that if you don't know if it is a high calorie dinner, you are not logging or using your diary.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    If you eat that many sweet potatoes daily you will develop a yellow tinge to your palms and soles. (I speak from experience, lol)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    No I’m honestly curious - why couldn’t you look them up?

Me too. If you see her other posts she has been counting calories for years to make sure she doesn't gain anything so I am curious why OP didn't just look them up because she had the weight?

OP I am glad you no longer are only eating 1600 while doing ballet hours a day! I saw you were afraid to increase without gaining.