any tips on tricep toning?

Options
Hi guys, a friend of mine pointed out to me that while my biceps where really starting to get definition, I seem to be neglecting my triceps. I currently do 3 sets of 20 tricep dips, but due to a fitness goal (push-up training) im more focused on bench pressing, shoulder presses and push-ups. can anyone recommend a routine to target my not so toned triceps?

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Tricep pushdowns (cable machine) or Tricep Extensions behind the head with a dumbbell.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I was going to say tricep extentions too. It really seems to be helping my flappy underarms.
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Skull crusher, close grip bench press, rope pulldwon, v-bar pulldown, db kickback, various cable extension
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Diamond push ups.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    the best triceps i've ever seen was on a guy i used to work with. he was an ex-con and did all bodyweight exercises. bench dips and bodyweight tricep extensions(heres a link that shows it http://www.globalbodyweighttraining.com/tricep-extension/ ) the way he showed me wasn't in the pushup position, but leaning against a wall and pushing off. i've always preferred skull crushers and close grip bench. but, after i started finishing off my weight-training workout with those 2 bodyweight workouts. my triceps have really began to 'pop', and started seeing awesome definition
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i actually like what the OP is already doing more than most of the suggestions. the big pressing movements give the triceps a ton of stimulation. as long as she keeps losing weight the definition will show thru eventually
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Actually the current exercise you're doing is more than perfect! I do the same one and my triceps look awesome. In fact I consider them to be best part of my arms. Keep it up.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys, also nice to know im doing the right thing, ill add in a few of the suggestions too, like the close grip bench-dip etc.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as a toning exercise... I have no idea why people are recommending nonsense...
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Easy there. It's Sunday. We save the semantics arguments for M-F.
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Compound exercises like bench press and dips.
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    I love tricep extensions with dumbbells... :heart:
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Also tricep kickbacks with dumbbells... The burn is heavenly lol
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    freestyle swimming
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    bench press and fat loss
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Workout-Sexy-Sculpted-Arms-21620326

I've been doing this for a week or so and feeling it. Thinking of increasing the weight.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Tricep kickbacks, tricep pushups, extensions (love those) all work well.
  • evgenythe2nd
    evgenythe2nd Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    tug toner

tug-toner.jpg