Hi everyone

Options
Hi guys, I’m new on the forum though I’ve been using FitnessPal for a while now I didn’t realise they had a forum :s

I’m trying to lose weight for about the 50th time in the last 3 years. Though I keep forgetting I have had a baby in that time also. I’m looking to lose around 50lbs by the summer.

I started counting calories (1500) and exercising 4-5 times a week for minimum an hour trying to burn Atleast 500 calories. So far I’ve been good and lost 7lbs in the last 5 weeks and lost 29.5 inches off my body overall. I’m currently using the Myzone fitness belt to see how much I burn in my workouts it’s such an amazing tool helps me push myself further.

Would love for you guys say to say hello and maybe share a tip or two ! :)

Replies

• Dash872
    Dash872 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there im new myself... im really inspired by the hard work you put in, and the results youve gotten... hopefully summer next time ill have amazing results as well... i used to do just weight lifting but i think i will start doing cardio instead and ill look into the myzone fitness belts see what its about.. have a great one!
  • RabiaH1988
    RabiaH1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thank you. I hope you see the results you want also. It took me a while to get in the mindset that I am but now that I’m finally here I’m loving it.

I do abit of both cardio and weight lifting but most of the time I’ve done weights and body weight exercises
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m to new to give tips:)
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @RabiaH1988 don’t know your reality but this fitness lifestyle got to be met with great determination and for you to be trying for the “50th” time you have it in you to be successful hope you will make a vision board and stick to it make the time for it will require time and patience
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    @
    @RabiaH1988 don’t know your reality but this fitness lifestyle got to be met with great determination and for you to be trying for the “50th” time you have it in you to be successful hope you will make a vision board and stick to it make the time for it will require time and patience

Hi nice to meet you, to be honest I used to stop and start because I got bored, or I was restricting myself too much or I’d see a pound loss and give up thinking I’ve been training so hard and only lost a pound it’s not worth it. I don’t know what’s changed this time around. This is the longest I’ve done it and I’m finding myself making sure I make time for the gym no matter what. I’ve had a day off today and I feel off. The fact that I’ve lost 7lbs and 29.5 inches motivates me to continue and lose more. I’m not restricting myself anymore I eat everything in moderation. I have a bad sweet tooth and now instead of having chocolates and sweets il have a piece of dark chocolate. Little by little changing old habits.
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    Thank you. Nice to meet u :)
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can do this, just stay consistent with your workouts and habits!
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    Thank you
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I was the same as you I was on here for a while before I realised there was a forum lol. You need to pick up good, sustainable habits so you're constantly quitting and restarting. Good luck :)
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a month old on MFP and brand-new to the forums. I started the program honestly because of an Instagram idol of mine (@smashleyshrinks) who used it to lose 100 pounds. Her starting body looked a lot like mine does now. I've found that it also helps me stay on my nutrition goals - I was an undisciplined ovo-lacto-vegetarian and wasn't getting near the right amount of protein or iron. I've been able to get close on my macros since I've been tracking! I've also noticed that my "Fat Pants" are feeling a little less snug lately. And in only a month I've lost a lot of bloating in my face, which I think is from reducing my junk food intake.
  • RabiaH1988
    Options
    Thats great lustymads ! I will have a look at her instagram :)