Weigh yourself everyday, put 2lb on cut your calls back till you lose 2lb
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • curlster
    curlster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So you can maintain your current weight at worst you’d fluctuate by 2lb, in a perfect world you’d have your calories on point, but some people have busy lives with friends,family, work and other commitments and don’t get the time to analyse their caloric intake with a fine tooth comb, if you do I doth my cap to you sir your a better man than me
  • curlster
    Options
    Sijomial please educate me if I’m wrong? Love to here an argument against my thoughts I’m not stuck in my ways if you know a better way let’s here them?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    curlster wrote: »
    So you can maintain your current weight at worst you’d fluctuate by 2lb, in a perfect world you’d have your calories on point, but some people have busy lives with friends,family, work and other commitments and don’t get the time to analyse their caloric intake with a fine tooth comb, if you do I doth my cap to you sir your a better man than me

I was responding to the OP - otherwise I would have quoted you. The OP needs to explain what is the problem if they want help rather than just vent.

BTW - this month marks my 6th anniversary of maintaining at goal weight.
    BTW2 - my weight naturally fluctuates by up to 5lbs.
    BTW3 - I don't even log my food but many long term maintainers do. There's many ways to maintain and depending what the OP's issue is different techniques may help.
  • curlster
    Options
    You’ve got me there captain like I said hats off to you, you probably know a lot more than me I’m just a YouTube expert lol
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself everyday, put 2lb on cut your calls back till you lose 2lb

OP is looking to maintain, not to go on a bulk and cut cycle -- plus, a 2 lb bulk followed by a 2 lb cut is going to just be responding to data noise (water weight fluctuations, fluctuations in the content on the digestive tract. Weighing everyday won't do anything to reduce the data noise unless OP uses a weight trend tracker.
  • curlster
    Options
    Wow this is amazing science
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

The OP needs to explain what is the problem if they want help rather than just vent.

^This. Unless OP just needs to vent. But it would be nice to make that clear in the post, @positivevibes1981 , so people don't waste their time trying to give you help you don't want.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The question of whether it’s easier to maintain or lose is one best suited for the Debate category. Not here.
    And yes, because the OP left no useful details to go on we can assume he was just venting. So relax😎.