Walking at work

Options
I work as a nurse's aide in a nursing home and easily walk 3 to 5.8 miles per night at work. I have my profile set for lightly active because I do like to go on bike rides a couple times a week and walk to and from work. I've been carrying my pedometer with me at work lately. Should I log the calories I burn at work or just consider them all in a day's work and not log them?

Replies

• jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you could set it to sedentary and log everything....
  • ItsAKindofMagic
    ItsAKindofMagic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Log, log log...every activity has worth, regardless of whether you're getting paid for it or not...:) Additionally, there are smart pedometers out there (like the Fitbit) that can automatically log your steps onto your profile on their website. Fitbit, for example, is user friendly to the MFP website.
  • karlahere
    karlahere Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm for logging them, so that you'd have an idea of how much this activity helps you reach your goal. The pedometer is an awesome idea, by the way.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    you could set it to sedentary and log everything....

This. I used to walk about 5 KM daily and this is what I did.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I don't log the activities at work, housework, or daily routine items. I figure I'm doing those all the time. I log everything I choose to do.

FitBit is different. It has a formula I still don't understand. It seems to me when I do the same things day after day, it starts deducting calories, I don't get to eat them back. If you do get a fitbit there are several forums on MFP.