Fed up thinking about dieting

Options
Any one out there like me?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are you fed up with dieting or are you fed up and want to diet?
  • curlster
    curlster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fed up of wanting to diet thinking about dieting researching the best diet but never actually dieting
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    then just focus on eating within the calorie allotment mfp gave you.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Good news, this will be easy for you. No need to pick a diet plan to follow. Track your calories for a week or so and then see if can make any small changes to your intake. What is your goal?
  • curlster
    Options
    I’m looking to be about 12% body fat, I lift weights in the gym and have done so for about 3 years I have lots of muscle mass underneath the fat and just want to see it
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    curlster wrote: »
    Fed up of wanting to diet thinking about dieting researching the best diet but never actually dieting

That sounds overwhelming and frustrating. There is so much garbage information out there. Eat this, don't eat that, high fat, high carb, etc, etc, etc. And they all contradict each other. It just doesn't have to be that complicated. The best diet, is the one that you can stick to long term. Log what you are eating now, and look it over to see what might be going on. How much are you wanting to lose? I found this thread incredibly helpful when I first got here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Sounds like you have not much to lose. Read the stickies at the top, I love this one.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • curlster
    Options
    Thanks for your advice
  • ldukes218
    ldukes218 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ugh me!!! I don’t want to research anymore diets! Also, why can’t kale taste like the Oreo truffles I just made for Christmas?! I’d be healthy as hell, then 😆
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ldukes218 wrote: »
    Ugh me!!! I don’t want to research anymore diets! Also, why can’t kale taste like the Oreo truffles I just made for Christmas?! I’d be healthy as hell, then 😆

Don't diet.

Just eat what keeps YOU satisfied within your calorie limit.

Well done for using the forums. Lots of great information in here. Check out the sticky announcements "Helpful Posts" in the community sections.