Weight gain journey but I Feeling sick

This is my 2nd day of this weight gaining journey and I’m not use to so much calories in one day and I feel sick/bloated at the end of the day, is this normal?? I’m assuming my body just isn’t use to me eating so much in a day and I will soon get use to it.

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 694 Member
    edited December 2018
    What kinda surplus over maintenance are we talking about here? +200 cal really shouldnt normally make you feel sick. Now if it’s 2000 over , sure.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    How much of a surplus are you aiming for? What kind of foods are you eating? Did you just jump from a cut to a bulk?

What can help... make sure your surplus isn't too high, incorporate more calorie dense foods (nuts, oils, full fat dairy, low fibre carbs, juice, smoothies, treats etc), try splitting up your calories through the day, try adding calories gradually... so 100 cals every few days to eventually build up your appetite.

Sometimes feeling a bit full or bloated is normal, but it shouldn't be that uncomfortable.
  • Sweetyluli
    Sweetyluli Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am trying to gain weight too and have been trying for about 4 weeks now. I felt sick a lot too. My body was definitely not used to eating. At week 4 I am feeling a lot better. I am trying to gain about 1 lb a week and Am working out 3 times a week. I am started at 108 and I am at 112 now xD. (5,5)