Finding it hard to see a difference after -30 pounds

Options
I started this journey on sept 20. I’m 5’1 and started at 198. I’m currently 168. I’m happy with 30 pounds down in about 3 months. The problem is I don’t feel like I look much different. I’m only on 1200
calories and don’t go over. I do a little bit of weights and cardio at the gym 2-3 times per week and average 8000 steps per day. I was hoping to hear from anyone who started on 1200 calories and stayed there until they hit goal. (Or any successes). I need to hear some inspiring stories. How long did it take and how much did u lose? I understand this is a journey and I have to be patient. I suppose I want to hear that I’m doing all the right things and the weight loss will keep happening. Im just having a hard time lately as I feel like I’ve made big changes and can’t see much in the way of results. Thank you 😊

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You, too, can have a Success Story. It's not too soon to start composing yours.
  • lvose5119
    lvose5119 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Whilst I haven’t lost 30 just yet, I’m currently on 21lbs lost and I feel the same as you. Clothes fit differently but somehow I just feel or see a difference in myself. But I took a side profile photo at the beginning and have a side photo from today and the difference is clear to see. I suggest doing something similar even if it’s hard to do and see right now you’ll be thankful later
  • Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am down 21 lbs. I can fit back in clothes that I couldn't and I looked again at the photos of my summer holiday and yes, there is a big difference! Look back at full body photos - it is quite an eye opener and will encourage you.
    I still have another 15 or so to go before I am happy! My OH thinks I need to lose more lol! But I will stop when I am happy :-)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I felt the same. Strangely no one even noticed until I hit 35 down. After that every ten or so I could really tell. It gets more and more obvious as the weight comes off. Trust me you are on the right track and 30 pounds in less than 3 months! Awesome. You may have to slow down a bit as you get closer to goal but you will get there. Congrats on your loss so far.
  • jojo19812018
    jojo19812018 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your replies 😊
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Photos help. Also take measurements. But please eat a bit more. You are losing weight a bit fast. 1200 is not a lot of food. Slowing it down a bit will be healthier and will help you learn the skills you need for maintenance.

this. I was eating too low and my hair started falling out in clumps. I'm eating 1300-1400 now.

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @GottaBurnEmAll - You look incredible! Such inspiring progress!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Thank you!