Working out

Options
I can't afford the gym and would struggle to go being a single mum to a 1 year old but really want to lose some weight.

I want to lose some weight around my tummy and my arms and back around the bra area (🙈) and tone up my bum. I'm really lost on how to start back up again

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The basics are eat a bit less, move a bit more (which doesn't have to be in a gym) and just like you didn't choose where to gain fat you don't get to choose where to lose it from or in what order.

Can you exercise while your baby sleeps?
    Bodyweight exercises are free (and quiet!).
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    The basics are eat a bit less, move a bit more (which doesn't have to be in a gym) and just like you didn't choose where to gain fat you don't get to choose where to lose it from or in what order.

Yeah I know about the not being able to spot reduce fat, I was just adding that detail in incase anyone could give me tips on if I should be doing cardio, strength or any other. I used to workout when she slept at night but the cold evenings make it so much harder for me hahaha!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Yeah I know about the not being able to spot reduce fat, I was just adding that detail in incase anyone could give me tips on if I should be doing cardio, strength or any other. I used to workout when she slept at night but the cold evenings make it so much harder for me hahaha!

Calorie deficit over time is how your lose fat not your exercise choice.
    "I want to lose some weight around my tummy and my arms and back around the bra area" - that's not influenced by your exercise, it's just where you happen to store your fat/energy reserves.

"tone up my bum" - this is where you do get to choose which muscles you train (or focus on) but again if you want to lose fat from your bum your exercise doesn't influence that.

Exercise for health and fitness (and hopefully enjoyment!) - eat less to lose your excess fat.

If you exercise hard you won't feel the cold. ;)
    Does she sleep during the day? Does she sleep while you push her in a buggy/stroller/pram?
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Calorie deficit over time is how your lose fat not your exercise choice.
    "I want to lose some weight around my tummy and my arms and back around the bra area" - that's not influenced by your exercise, it's just where you happen to store your fat/energy reserves.

"tone up my bum" - this is where you do get to choose which muscles you train (or focus on) but again if you want to lose fat from your bum your exercise doesn't influence that.

Exercise for health and fitness (and hopefully enjoyment!) - eat less to lose your excess fat.

If you exercise hard you won't feel the cold. ;)
    Does she sleep during the day? Does she sleep while you push her in a buggy/stroller/pram?

I find it hard to stay within my calorie limit of 1430, I keep tending to eat over and it's really getting me down but I get hungry.

She's really unwell at the moment so her sleep is everywhere but she isnt great with napping haha always seems to be at the most inconvenient time