Counting down to xmas n new year

Options
Time to get motivated for xmas and the new year... let’s live a happy healthy life together 🥰🥰🥰🥰🌲🌲🌲🤶🏻🤶🏻

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Cheers!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I won't let the holidays deter me!
  • Orangecandlesky
    Orangecandlesky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hell Yeah!
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    oh yea im already close to my goal before xmas but i dont have a specific goal for like around beginning of january because i prob will eat alot of food the last 2 weeks so right now im trying to lose maybe 1-2 lbs this week!
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    lillyy23 wrote: »
    oh yea im already close to my goal before xmas but i dont have a specific goal for like around beginning of january because i prob will eat alot of food the last 2 weeks so right now im trying to lose maybe 1-2 lbs this week!

Thats a great Goal
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have asked Mom to dust off her yoga mat. Hubby uses one for physical therapy and I am just over half way through a 30 day yoga challenge. My family usually goes for a long walk on holidays, and at his family's house we will have a new neighborhood to explore, since they just moved.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I’m thinking about using 26 dec to 1 Jan as a fitness week. I’m not working out right now.
  • spikehunt77
    spikehunt77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hit my goals for this year, now it's going to be hard over the holidays to manage them! any tips?
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    dont drink too much alchohol & do keep up with some form of exercise still even if less
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring. It is hard to stay on track at this time of year and it does help to know that other people are out there trying not to destroy the year's progress.
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back on track but the holidays are so hard! Im going to really work on portion control, avoiding alcohol and intermittent fasting.
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've got that planned with lots of walks around the neighborhood with our dog.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It's only one day but we buy so much of what we wouldn't buy normally "for the visitors".......Our new way of looking at things should win through........I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas & good luck!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on 11/30/18. Sometimes I think that's a weird time of the year to join with all the goodies over the holidays, but it's actually been helpful and even though I've made some Christmas goodies, I haven't tasted any of them and don't let them stay in the house. I'm giving myself a day off Christmas day but will eat quite a bit less than normal and will still log everything I eat. I'm cooking so will have control of what goes in everything. Thankfully my family is not huge on sweets so I don't have to make a lot. Merry Christmas everyone!
  • teddilyn56
    teddilyn56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I met my interim goal for this year and am concentrating on maintaining healthy habits during the holidays and staying within 5 pounds of this weight during the holidays. After the first of the year, I'm going to return to keeping my calories within my set limits and stepping up my exercising and steps to continue towards my final goal of 150 pounds. Merry Christmas to all !
  • TJ_in_MA
    TJ_in_MA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My starting point for 2019 will be waaaaay ahead of where I was the previous year. I plan on reaching my goal of 199 in 2019 and then it will be time to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!
  • pennysob
    pennysob Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Alot veggie side dishes,less carb fulled dishes!!
  • njinga52
    njinga52 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the time and positive things in your life.
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Here's my take. Christmas is 1 day. It's the only day I will not be tracking at all. I'm actually on a deload workout week too so won't be pushing things too much on the energy expenditure side of the equation, still training 4 days and walking most. In much the same way as it's taken longer than a day or two to make those gains, or to lose that weight, one day (or maybe even 2 or 3) will not completely destroy the gains you've made over a year or longer. So enjoy yourself over the festive period (sensibly) and don't beat yourself up over that extra slice of cake or mince pie.
  • nanasuge
    nanasuge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got to get through Christmas day and that should be the last of the food infested days for me. New Years is low key for me. There have been more than the usual food-related activities for me since Thanksgiving.
    I'm trying to maintain the pre-holiday weight and then push again in the new year. I've done very well in general and at a house party two days ago, not as well at a restaurant birthday celebration yesterday. I have today to make compensations. I'll get on the scale tomorrow; but not the day after Christmas, for which I am cooking dinner.
    I lost 23 pounds in 2018. I want to top that in 2019. I hope to successfully remain under 200 - 2 pounds loss a month would be a wonderful accomplishment. And then, maybe I'll see a change.