HealthyLunch prep ideas for work?

Options
Does anyone know any healthy lunch prep ideas that contain chicken or turkey as the protein?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I made a one-pot chicken, Brussels sprouts and pasta dish this last week - it made enough for a week’s worth of lunches - I think the one change I’d make it cooking it in chicken broth instead of water

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/257110/creamy-chicken-brussels-sprouts-mushrooms-one-pot-pasta/
  • ricolamar1027
    ricolamar1027 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!I will definitely check this out.
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe throw a chicken in the crock pot with some seasoning, veg, garlic, onion, and broth or make turkey burgers. You could try stir fry. Cooks quickly.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Look for chicken taco filling recipes (I love the ones with cumin, chili powder, and lime). Put filling in small corn tortillas and add avocado, diced onions, and cilantro on top.

Turkey burgers or meatballs are SUPER quick and easy, and they work great for lunch prep. Experiment with recipes that have different spice combinations and add-ins, and pair them with Greek yogurt coleslaw, roasted veggies, cauliflower rice, a three bean salad, spaghetti squash, or even some good bread.

Another good one is chicken marinated with Greek yogurt, lemon, olive oil, garlic, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. You can then grill the chicken and pair it with a cucumber/red onion/tomato/feta salad and homemade tzatziki.
  • NvrGivUpM8
    NvrGivUpM8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well mate I shred a chicken for the week and store in the fridge. Every night I make a salad.
    Four leaf salad mix with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a handful of fresh herbs - basil, thyme coriander whatever I have. Then I add the chicken and put in my cooler/esky.
    Everyday I have this and never grow tired of of it.
    I make a homemade dressing too with fish sauce.....but that recipe is a secret...soo good!!

Also make your own beef jerky as u know what's in it and it packs one of the best high protein hits around....yum 🤤🏋️‍♂️😉
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I find the best thing for me to stay consistent is to make a little extra of tonight's healthy dinner and wrap it up right away for tomorrow's lunch.
  • amberloses120
    amberloses120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat lunch at home since I work from 5am to 230pm, but I usually have dinner leftovers, or my 'lazy salad'- half a chicken breast, a few fistfuls of spinach, and a bag of frozen vegetables (I always have a bag defrosting in the fridge). I hate dressings on salads but when i make this for dinner my mom likes raspberry vinaigrette, and my younger sister likes honey mustard. I like simple stuff you can change up really easily, as I get bored really fast, and am lazy as heck, lol!