If I did not lose a singlelb/kg/stone - I would be happy!

Options
2»

Replies

• brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You definitely have the right mentality! You'll go far with this thinking. Good work so far and keep it up. NSV's are really what it's about. I weigh 20 pounds more than I did the last time I fit into my current clothes. The difference this time is I have quite a bit more muscle and less fat... so I am ok with that. I don't have to be 125 pounds, even though that is my "goal weight". If I look/feel great at 140, I will stop there.
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You definitely have the right mentality! You'll go far with this thinking. Good work so far and keep it up. NSV's are really what it's about. I weigh 20 pounds more than I did the last time I fit into my current clothes. The difference this time is I have quite a bit more muscle and less fat... so I am ok with that. I don't have to be 125 pounds, even though that is my "goal weight". If I look/feel great at 140, I will stop there.

Thanks for this. People ask me what my goal weight is and I tell them "I don't have a goal weight.. I just want to be at a good body fat percentage range and build my lean body mass".

Good work - I hope to be there in 6 months! :smile:
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    Beautiful post.

Thanks! - I just keep reading the forums and try to learn what I can. :smile:
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    True that, or those posts saying I lost only one pound. I would have expected more. Be glad with the results you do get, all small results will become one big one in the end as well. We didn't gain so much in a few weeks either! Besides getting in better shape, getting a better condition is is far more better option then letting ourselves in with all kinds of dangerous diets. What's the point of looking slimmer, but being sicker?
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    What's the point of looking slimmer, but being sicker?

That is the quote of the day! :drinker:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ^^ Like

I originally joined here to lose weight. When I realized that body fat % was the main problem, that changed my goals completely. Yes, I still would like to lose a few pounds, but if I reached my body fat % goal and still weighed the same, that would be fine with me. (nobody knows that number but me).
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    ^^ Like

I originally joined here to lose weight. When I realized that body fat % was the main problem, that changed my goals completely. Yes, I still would like to lose a few pounds, but if I reached my body fat % goal and still weighed the same, that would be fine with me. (nobody knows that number but me).

^^ Totally Agree. I don't know what my number is going to be. It all depends on my lean body mass.

You said it right; (nobody knows that number but me) :drinker:
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this post. We need more like this. Thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • PhilTheGeek
    Options
    Great post, and thank you for it!
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I liken it to a car -- even if you have NO fitness goals OR weight loss goals, it's still not a bad thing to fuel and move your body the right way... if you had a car that was not the ferrari that you lust after, you wouldn't put sugared gas in the tank or avoid oil changes just because it wasn't what you wanted and could never BECOME what you wanted - likewise, you should try to treat your body the right way by putting the right things in it and moving it. :)
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! More people need to think like you :drinker:
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    @songbird, @Phil, @gowriao, @Withabandon

Thanks! I used to starve myself and now I am enjoying life and getting fit!
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    I liken it to a car -- even if you have NO fitness goals OR weight loss goals, it's still not a bad thing to fuel and move your body the right way... if you had a car that was not the ferrari that you lust after, you wouldn't put sugared gas in the tank or avoid oil changes just because it wasn't what you wanted and could never BECOME what you wanted - likewise, you should try to treat your body the right way by putting the right things in it and moving it. :)

Always dig the car examples! Good Post1
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    Bump
  • Turnaround2012
    Options
    bump