Been Around For a While, Want to Connect

Hello, all! I'm Stewy! ✌

I've been using MFP for a little over 2 years. I gained ~40 lbs with my pregnancy in 2015. It surprised me when my baby weight didn't "melt" off as promised with a year of breast feeding, so I took things into my own hands.

It's been great solo so far. I hold myself accountable and had lost 20 pounds! Slow progress is still progress, and I was learning to set aside time to be active.

Then I needed leg surgery in July and gained half of that lost weight back. I'm devastated and struggling. I don't have much family support as a single mom. I tried reaching out to some local groups on here and other platforms, but no one in my local area was active anymore. (I live in a obesity-inclined part of the US.)

Please feel free to friend me. Any advice on rediscovering motivation and finding support is welcome! My main goal is to be healthy for my son.

Thanks, everyone! Look forward to hearing from you!

TL;DR - Having trouble finding motivation, looking for more support/friends.

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • stewykins43_
    stewykins43_ Posts: 58 Member
    Feel free to add me.

Thank you!! 💖
  • SommerC76
    SommerC76 Posts: 19 Member
    You can add me, I just re joined. Lost 40 lbs the first time then me and my husband wound up in the hospital and I’ve gained about 15 back. I totally need motivation
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    You can do it, one day at a time!
    Your body grew and nurtured a human being...amazing! It gets frustrating at times but it will happen. Feel free to add me...
  • stewykins43_
    stewykins43_ Posts: 58 Member
    SommerC76 wrote: »
    You can add me, I just re joined. Lost 40 lbs the first time then me and my husband wound up in the hospital and I’ve gained about 15 back. I totally need motivation

Hospital visits are the worst! Hope you're both feeling better. Once the doctor cleared me to work out again, I started back at square one by walking.