Home Gym

Options
My husband just picked up our “like new” treadmill and bike. It’s the first pair of equipment we have for our spare bedroom gym. Anyone else have a home gym? What are some of your essentials or must haves for your home gym? Thank you 😊

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Dumbells, short barbell & plates, TRX , resistance band, stability ball, mat
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Barbell, bench, squat rack, dumbbells are what gets used most in mine. EZ bar, resistance bands, pull-up bar elliptical get used a lot but are secondary.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Essentials for me are dumbbells, barbells and plates, benches (one short and one incline) resistance bands. I also like having access to kettlebells, cable machine (with pull up bar), TRX, exercise ball, landmine attachment, some type of cardio machine. I don't have a squat rack or cage, that would be nice but not essential for me.
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My currant essential is VR, I've lost 5 pounds in less than two weeks with it and I never want to go back to boring workouts.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I agree with dumbells, barbells, rack and the like if you have the money and the space. If not some of the multifunction gyms will do you well if your not looking for powerlifting numbers. I used to have an Inspire M1, elliptical and stationary bike. Now just the stationary bike and use a commercial gym as I sold the M1 as I my goals had changed and it did not fit those goals
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What kind of exercise do you like to do? What kind of space do you have?

I have a rower, treadmill, air bike, regular stationary bike, rack with pulleys, bench, several bars, bumper plates, regular plates, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, plyo boxes, heavy bag, stationary bag, GHD, stack weight machine, bosu ball, bunch of little stuff (Jump rope, bands, etc.)

My preference is always running (or something else) outside in the great outdoors.

But I like (and use) everything in my gym.

• Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For my home gym, I have everything I need to AVOID the gym! Resistance bands, resistance loops, pull-up bar, pull up assistant band, a Reebok Deck (bench/stepper), dumbbells ranging from 5-30 lbs, ankle weights - 2lbs and 5 lbs, moveable cushion tiles, thick workout mats, lifting gloves, exercise balls - 2 different sizes and weights, medicine ball, sliders, weight racks for storage, mounted TV.
    I love streaming my workouts online!! The best trainer is also the best student.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I belonged to a gym and used it often for many many years. Quit about 3 years ago. I don’t have a home gym but do have an extra room in my office which is one place I train.

There, I have 3 kettlebells, a pair of 5-lb. dumbbells for the infrequent times I do a Heavyhands cardio workout, and a high-end commercial grade 22 inch step.

I also own a jump rope.

My training place of preference are a couple neighborhood parks, one of which has a pull-up and bar dips unit. At the park, I like to do combo workouts using kettlebells, burpees, pull-ups and/or bar dips. Thete, I also run and walk.

I’m the kind who prefers to go somewhere and train, and not at home.

I have everything I need to train but may buy a heavier kettlebell soon.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells. I got the adjustable ones to save space.
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mirrors, lots of mirrors. Every gym has lots of mirrors to stare lovelingly at your muscles as you work out;)
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical, punching bag, a few varying hand weights, a kettlebell and my yoga mat. Also have a small trampoline for the kiddo when he wants to join in my workout. Haha
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have a barbell with plates, a bench, and a rack. I also have adjustable dumbells and resistance bands.
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    30 year old bench set with some new barbells and jumping jacks are my cardio. Nothing fancy, sweat and muscle training. Lost 40 pounds in that dungeon called a basement.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, cross trainer(elliptical ), hand held weights, step, yoga mat, skipping rope and resistant bands. I'm thinking a bike machine wouldn't go astray either. but not sure I have the space for it!