How often should you buy new running shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    If I get 250 miles out of my Vaporfly's I will be ecstatic. Since I only use them for races that will be at least 2 years. B)
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i get shin pain if i wear mine too long
    my tread is rarely worn down. the cushion and internal structure dies first for me
    depends on the brand. saucony road shoes i get like 300. i get 600 on brooks.
    I agree, it's different for different shoes.
    In my experience it's not only dependent on the brand, but on the specific model. I had a pair of Saucony Kinvara. After ~350km, my left knee started to complain after each run in them. With the Saucony Zealot I can run 700km without problems.
    My current pair of Zealots is at ~600km. I've already bought a spare pair and used it once, and I can feel a lot of difference in the cushioning/"bouncy-ness" if I compare them , even though the old ones don't look worn out when looking at them.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    If I get 250 miles out of my Vaporfly's I will be ecstatic. Since I only use them for races that will be at least 2 years. B)

The people at our running shop store told me that they are finding that people only wear them for races, as you say, for exactly that reason.