Since MFP IS BROKEN, I’m here for motivation.

It’s funny how the social aspect and daily motivation of keeping up with your friends is important on this journey. Having a support group rocks!

But since MFP no longer works.... I’ve come here for my fix.

So what is your favorite workout? Have you had any success lately? Gains... losses? I actually started journaling about my fitness journey. It’s nice to get your thoughts out,... good and bad.

I’m assuming if you’re in the forums reading this, this is also important to you.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Wait, it's broken? Is the app crashing?

My favorite workout is walking with some good music, haha.
  • doubleIronDog
    doubleIronDog Posts: 93 Member
    My feed hasn’t updated with any new statuses in 5 days.
    Yeah, music is fantastic!

• doubleIronDog
    edited December 2018

I love combat sports! Boxing has been one of passions. It is an amazing cardio workout to.

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    I'm missing my news feed too.
    I can only say Merry Christmas to fellow forum trolls today.
    I watch tv on the treadmill every day
    Like me back :smile: .
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    I love combat sports! Boxing has been one of passions. It is an amazing cardio workout to.

Boxing is the shiz! My uncle gave me his punching bag when he retired from teaching martial arts. Great for working out and for working out frustrations..!

My favorite exercise, really, is hiking, tho. Cardio and nature. Rock climbing too if I’m lucky enough to stumble upon some small cliffs.
  • doubleIronDog
    Merry Christmas! I like the idea of earning tv time on a treadmill.
    hroderick wrote: »
    I'm missing my news feed too.
    I can only say Merry Christmas to fellow forum trolls today.
    I watch tv on the treadmill every day
    Like me back :smile: .

• doubleIronDog
    That is very cool! I love the heavy bag. It is a hell of a good source for frustration.
    Hiking is fun. Exploring and the outdoors is so refreshing!

Boxing is the shiz! My uncle gave me his punching bag when he retired from teaching martial arts. Great for working out and for working out frustrations..!

My favorite exercise, really, is hiking, tho. Cardio and nature. Rock climbing too if I’m lucky enough to stumble upon some small cliffs.

• doubleIronDog
    Haha truth!
    MFP is soooooooooooooooooo boring without the newsfeed... :cry:

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member

100% Truth. I knew I relied on my group of friends to keep me on track, but you don't realize just how much until it's gone. If they don't fix the newsfeed, I would totally leave MFP. It's the only thing I use it for since I don't log anymore. Not being able to keep up with all my friends sucks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

100% Truth. I knew I relied on my group of friends to keep me on track, but you don't realize just how much until it's gone. If they don't fix the newsfeed, I would totally leave MFP. It's the only thing I use it for since I don't log anymore. Not being able to keep up with all my friends sucks.

It isn't affecting everyone though is it?

I wonder if it's a premium/not premium issue....
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

I've seen premium users saying they're having the same problem. I think it's site-wide.
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    It needs fixing, i have things to say to my pals!!! :laugh: I'll have to post about my carb killa protein chocolate spread on Facebook at this rate....

You had me at “carb killa”..! :lol::blush:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »

The Newsfeed is broken. Nobody's statuses are posting to it for the last 5 days. So it's hard for people to support/get support from their friends (you have to go into each of your friend's individual profile).

As far as favorite exercise, I've lost about 15 pounds, in conjunction with diet obviously, from taking Krav Maga classes at a local gym. It's also upped my strength and cardio level while teaching my common sense self defense techniques.

Ohhhh, that makes sense why I didn't notice. I don't have any MFP friends (intentionally). xD
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

I've seen premium users saying they're having the same problem. I think it's site-wide.

Yeah, it’s premium too.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I miss my friends. One of them just commented on last week's weight loss.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    edited December 2018
    I miss my friends. One of them just commented on last week's weight loss.

We are 500-some odd comments deep on whatever random post from last week that happens to be the top of the feed for a whole slew of mutual pals. It’s become a substitute newsfeed.