Anybody else exercising to control bipolar??

Options
I'm putting myself on a strict routine to help manage my mood swings. That means an overhaul of my lifestyle including the addition of medication, a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.

I'd love some encouragement from other polar bears to get things under control!

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes! I exercise everyday as it is one thing that I can do constistantly in my life. Every morning at 6 AM. Whether or not I was up at 3 AM or feel like staying in bed past 5 30.

Small steps though are key to success. I have found with bipolar I tend to take an all-or-nothing approach to everything, and that can lead me into excessive manic (exercising and restricting) and depressive (not exercising and binge eating) cycles. Rather eating no matter how I feel a good amount and exercising only 90 minutes daily has been really helpful, with the right meds.
  • SolanineNightshade
    Options
    yes...it's difficult but not impossible. for me, i find it hard to exercise because im depressed (even though i know it will help) or my anxiety is kicking my *kitten* that day. I'm an all or nothing person as well so forgetting to do one thing, like packing my meals for the day, can throw me off.
  • dlamber198632
    dlamber198632 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Huge shout out to everyone living with this,you all doing fantastic