upper chest clavicle area exercise?

Options
i have a pretty good upper chest. im working on improving on it though. im doing incline bench press, incline dumbbell press, parallel bar dips. i want to concentrate right at the clavicle. is it as simple as putting the bar down right on the clavicle? anyone have specific exercises they have done to target the highest part of the chest?

Replies

• Anustart4159
    Anustart4159 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Incline dumbbell flyes are probably good too because they give you another angle to work that particular part of the muscle from.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Incline guilotine press, do it on the
    Smith machine and be careful
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Reverse grip bench press according to EMG data (not always definitive)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    I like the Arnie-era forgotten exercise known as the dumbell pullover.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    I like the Arnie-era forgotten exercise known as the dumbell pullover.

Yes, one of my favorite exercises overall...less elbow flare version ~ more chest.
    I find it inevitable to have chest involvement even using the lat-dominant form though
  • MK2326
    MK2326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Incline chest press with dumbbells and a resistance band (anchor the band behind you on the bench). iwbi4i61t7bl.png
    Be sure to do a mid-rep pause and really squeeze the chest. You’ll feel these the next day if your form is correct.
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    With all of the incline work, consider trying a decline press (bar, DB, or cable) with a slower conentric movement. Actually read an EMG study not too long ago that suggests the decline press concentric hits the upper chest just as well as the incline press but with the added value of stimulating the lower region of the pectoral muscle too. It's only one study, but I've used both lifts and I feel there's merit to it. Give it a couple weeks and see how it goes.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Erin Stern on IG and youtube shows excercises targeting this.