Addicted to the gym

Options
Liftinglex
Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
edited December 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Maybe it’s my rigidity for routine or maybe im addicted to the gym, but I feel seriously depressed when I miss a gym day. Today I couldn’t go because of a car issue and sure I could have worked out at home but with a 6 month old baby it’s hard and not the same. Anyone else feel that when missing a gym day ? My days are Monday - Friday and looks like I have to workout tomorrow at home. It kinda stresses me out.

Replies

• competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Totally there
    But with jiujitsu
    But remember, it’s a marathon
    Still sucks to miss though! Haha
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I was like that many years ago but realized I didn't want to feel anxious or angry if I missed a workout so I worked on being more balanced and it was worth it.

I love the gym environment and I love being active every day but it's just not healthy IMO to stress out over a missed workout. Tomorrow is another day.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There will always be times you can’t make it. So use this as an opportunity to try alternatives at home. That way you’ll broaden your fitness tool kit and always have options available even if you can’t do your favorite.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Of course it does. It's a major disruption to your new happy place.

Here's a great thought piece regarding bonds and connections and our misconceptions about addiction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9DcIMGxMs&t=393s
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel it when I miss the gym. Today I'm super bummed because I really want to go but I'm home sick and there's no way for me to do it.