1200 Calories (NO, I'm not starving myself!)

Hi guys :)

I'm on plan for 1200 per day until I get to my target weight, which I have been doing for around 80 days and loosing the lbs slowly but surely.

Any suggestions on low calorie but high protein meals? I'm getting bored of the usual meals now.

Support welcome!

Replies

• MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    Do you have any specific goals. What is your macro breakdown. I personally find it very difficult to stay at a deficit for too long. Your body adapts to the deficit and it becomes harder and harder to lose. What has always been helpful for a me is logging and weighing everything I eat because by not doing so I wind up eating much more than I plan. Also helps to eat several really small meals throughout the day. On a deficit I eat egg whites, shredded chicken breast, strip steak and a chocolate protein powder dessert I make with a little coconut oil and powdered PB. Good luck and feel free to add me for support.
  • jojo19812018
    jojo19812018 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi Lauren, I’m very similar to you in that I’m also on 1200 cals a day and today is my 89th day. I’m only 5’1 and currently weigh 76kgs (167 pounds). I find my dinner the hardest to work out what to have. Mostly chicken breast and salad or some meat and veggies. Good luck on your journey! 😊
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Im also 1200 and I actually struggle to get to it, I end up having to top up with a couple of bananas.
    My go to is stir fry, loads of chicken, loads of veg, a bit spice or soy sauce
    Real quick and filling.
    You can always add rice to it too
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    I can only have 1240 per day and after 5 years, it’s getting “old.” I’m thinking about having one delicious 1200 calorie meal a day. At least for that one meal I won’t be feeling deprived?!
  • MichaelK1007
    MichaelK1007 Posts: 136 Member
    kjurassic wrote: »
    I can only have 1240 per day and after 5 years, it’s getting “old.” I’m thinking about having one delicious 1200 calorie meal a day. At least for that one meal I won’t be feeling deprived?!

What would you eat in that one 1200 calorie meal? And why do you have to stay at 1240. I imagine it would be hard to eat only once a day
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    edited December 2018
    Here's some screen shots of recipes I've put into the recipe builder.

Edit - warning, I was a loose logger at best so take these calorie counts with a grain of salt.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,354 Member
    Hi. I’m also on 1200 calories a day. I’m 5’1” and 159lbs. Want to lose at least 25 pounds. I sometimes make chili with black beans, chick peas, kidney beans, ground turkey and veggies like peppers and zucchini. It’s very satisfying. I lost 20 pounds while frequently having this meal. Good luck!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Pork loin is an overlooked high protein low calorie meat - inexpensive, easy to cook, versatile, and not that different from chicken breast in terms of macros, but with much more flavor. You can roast a whole one at the beginning of the week and slice it for sandwiches and stir fries. Try adding spices and vegetables from different cultures to create different very different meals with the same main protein.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Eggs! Hard boiled eggs with avacadoes or any salad you like. Trader Joes has great sausages...just add onions jalapenoes or what ever you like to it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    What are the usual meals you’re bored of?
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    There are so many different types of meals/dinners. Have you looked one sheet dinners up? You could for instance do chicken anything, breasts, thighs, wings, and a number of different vegetables at same time on a sheet pan and roast it.
    If you are really into vegetables, there are many combos of veges you can roast. I never boil veges. I either eat raw, stir fry, or roast them. Make up your own sauces instead of always buying store bought another way to save some calories but really get better flavor.

I love fish, so like to buy and oven bake it, but enclose in foil, kind of poach it. And at same time roast some veges.

Crockpots, instantpots so many different foods you can do slowly or quickly

Make up taco meat, do in regular taco shells, or if doing more low carb, use lettuce leaves.

Also my latest is make my own spaghetti sauce with meat of your choice. And then have over mashed cauliflower. It is wonderful and much lower carb than having over pasta.

Buy a cookbook. I got two new ones for Christmas. Why? This is a lifestyle change not a diet.