How to recover whole box of chocolates and chocolate pancakes!

Options
2»

Replies

• juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    Elisa123--There's a difference between excuses and reasons. Knowing the reasons for our behaviors helps us change them. I don't like to let myself off the hook when I mess up, and excuses give me a bit of permission to do it again--and I can't have that. But if there was a reason for the mess up, I can still take responsibility, but be wary of it in the future. I've never been one of those who had to deal with wild hormones, but I know some who do. They're nothing to dismiss. I once spoke with a type 1 diabetic woman who had a total hysterectomy because her hormones made it nearly impossible to control her disease. I've got a niece who went on birth control pills in her teens, before she was ever sexually active, to help control her monthly raging mood swings.

All things considered, tomorrow is another day. Better to stay conscious and get back on track, than give up and give in to defeat.

Such a. Supportive post thank you
    Options
    If it helps, take a look at my data for the last 90 days:

kt7oaknkljs0.png

About a half-dozen maintenance days and six days over maintenance, 4 of those being way over maintenance. Still lost weight. It was slower than normal (lost 3 pounds this past month and only 1 the month before). But heck, even with all those days (and it was probably more calories, because I was estimating a lot of it), I still lost.

That’s amazing thank you for sharing this I think my intake may have hit 4in one day but should balance out!
    Options
    I can stab a guess at your monthly time at that chart. Interesting also that you have continued losing but more recent premenstrual overeating days have been higher than previously.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I can stab a guess at your monthly time at that chart. Interesting also that you have continued losing but more recent premenstrual overeating days have been higher than previously.

Yeah! They were mostly events that I might have been better about, but my cycle does cause cravings, and the combination of the two is what puts me way over instead of a little over. Also, I'm only 5'1'' so 3k is a decent amount for me, haha.

October was just too much candy.
    Early November was a trip to Minneapolis for a concert. It was hard to be on my regular schedule, so it messed with my eating a bit.
    Late November was Thanksgiving, that was an intentional overeating day.
    Early December was the work Christmas party. Also intentionally overate, although I probably would have done better had it been this week (a few days after my cycle starts) rather than when it did happen (a week before my cycle starts, which is when my cravings are the worst).

I've been on birth control before to help with symptoms of pmdd, which has improved quite a bit with weight loss and exercise.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I totally agree and realize that some women have incredible cravings... it's just that you have to figure out how to tackle the problem and fix and not feel like a victim doomed to repeat it because it is excused away. It is a tough love kind of thing.. "No Excuses". I see it all the time on fitness threads. If not.. we all could excuse our way into staying overweight with good reason. 08ssde5ts9gp.jpg
    Options
    I totally agree and realize that some women have incredible cravings... it's just that you have to figure out how to tackle the problem and fix and not feel like a victim doomed to repeat it because it is excused away. It is a tough love kind of thing.. "No Excuses". I see it all the time on fitness threads. If not.. we all could excuse our way into staying overweight with good reason. 08ssde5ts9gp.jpg

Very true!