Your patent is pending

caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
We’ve all thought of something and thought “someone really needs to invent that!” What are your inventions that have yet to be invented? What have you ‘invented’ only to have something better come out? What invention would have your namesake? What did you want to invent as a kid?

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    when I was a kid I thought i invented m-bation. I was like "man im gonna be a millionaire".

nowadays I'd just like a teleporter.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited December 2018
    MFP instant messenger.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Something that will automatically break down all of my Amazon boxes into the smallest cube.... Other than me lol
  • cee134
    Chair pants. A chair that is part of your pants so when you sit you're supported.

• cee134
    Horse Boat. A canoe built around a horse so you can go from riding to water travel without slowing down. Horse boat!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    cee134 wrote: »
    Chair pants. A chair that is part of your pants so when you sit you're supported.

I had a backpack that did this once
  • cee134
    As a kid, I always thought it would be nice to have something you could throw against the wall, and then it "walks" down the wall in a wacky way.
  • caco_ethes
    iMago wrote: »
    when I was a kid I thought i invented m-bation. I was like "man im gonna be a millionaire".

nowadays I'd just like a teleporter.

Awww young love
  • caco_ethes
    Disposal papers for gum, so that people stop sticking it to places it doesn’t belong.

If only they came wrapped in something.. 😅
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    It's a mass produced carbon nanotube created with a single silicon atom captured at the tip. Two such carbon nanotubes are bound together by the creation of a silicon molecule when the two nanotubes are close. Such joining is used to make long, as in n-meters nanotubes, stronger than steel, and light. They'll be used to make space elevators, tall buildings, and reinforced concrete.
  • cee134
    1. 0 kcal whiskey that tastes like chocolate
    2. 0 kcal cupcakes that taste good and get you drunk
    3. 0 kcal donuts, also they get you drunk.
    4. gum that gets you drunk
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    I once tried to blow up the science class with a school project in junior high... I ended up looking rather dim...

But it sure made a few people nervous lol...

I wanted nothing more than to be a mad scientist when I was a kid
  • cee134
    I foot shield that prevents popsicles from touching one's feet.

amwvyjbzuawv.jpg
  • cee134
    Boat bridge. It's a boat but looks and functions like a bridge.
  • cee134
    A kids toy that for some *kitten* reason every kid in the universe must have this time of year and none of the the stores nor the internet can keep it stocked.
  • cee134
    Rice that tastes like bananas. ©
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Upside down bottle holder, so that condiments of choice are ready to serve.

This is genius... And you always get the last drop!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Gilligan beat me to it. :) I still need one of these inventions. 0685uhivsq7t.gif
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    A smart microwave that you can scan barcodes of the food you would like to warm up that automatically detects the appropriate temperature needed for cooking.

My microwave has a sensor. I don't really know how it works, but my popcorn NEVER burns. It is mind blowing
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Instead of a microwave, an apparatus that will cool my food to the perfect temp so I don't scorch my **kitten** tongue
  • brian_can
    brian_can Posts: 219 Member
    Coffee table book about coffee tables.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,867 Member
    A thermometer that instead of reading temperature, reads what a person really, actually needs in that moment

Something that stops time for everyone and everything else other than you. With a premium add-on functionality of being able to un-stop time for specific other people / pets / stuff.

A lunch box that is bigger on the inside and looks like the Tardis and starts making that noise when it senses that you become hangry. Also what you eat from there will never make you fat ever.

Kindness button

Mute button

Sound of summer storm over everything else button
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    1. 0 kcal whiskey that tastes like chocolate
    2. 0 kcal cupcakes that taste good and get you drunk
    3. 0 kcal donuts, also they get you drunk.
    4. gum that gets you drunk

When does your kickstarter launch?
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    So it's not an invention, but I feel like the expensive paint stores should provide the buyers with a person to do the painting for them with the way the cost is so high compared to other paints.
  • caco_ethes
    brian_can wrote: »
    Coffee table book about coffee tables.

Shaped like a coffee table!
  • caco_ethes
    I want my gps to tell my cruise control what speed zone I’m in so I don’t have to constantly adjust it
  • caco_ethes
    denny_mac wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I want my gps to tell my cruise control what speed zone I’m in so I don’t have to constantly adjust it

Slow down Hank. Where's the fire?!

1iecgbpifgqo.gif
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Still working on the spanker for germaphobes. I’ve been told it’s not appropriate to spank children anymore in this modern world so I almost gave up but then received several discreet emails about “other interested adults” so I’m back at it.