Need some support badly

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
edited December 2018 in Motivation and Support
Struggling hard today. Lost three lbs and then the scale went up 1.6 lbs and is staying. Ive been eating the calories mfp suggests although another calculator puts me at 60 cal less. Ive had a hysterectomy so its not that time... only weigh myself once a week until today when yesterday was a sad surprise that i was hoping was a fluke...Im so bumbed...i just started...i should be crushing it these first few weeks not plateauing already...right?!

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hang in there - you can't live and die by the day-to-day scale readings. There are lots of reasons a normal person's weight fluctuates day to day, especially water weight, and not just TOM.

Maybe this thread will help:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10155495/just-another-plateau-and-weigh-in-thread/p1

If you are confident in your logging, just keep doing the right things and it will pay off over the long term. If you're not sure, it's never a bad time to look back at your diary and see if you can tighten up your accuracy and consistency at all. Good luck!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is never linear, even at the start. When I started in September my weight actually spiked up before it went down. But if I had given up then I wouldn’t be where I am now. Your weight is going to go up and down and there’s a bunch of different reasons for those fluctuations. As long as the trend over time is down then don’t worry about the days it’s a little higher.

This is my weight loss from the past three months:
    1y94evs6z3g0.jpeg

Very up and down. You just gotta roll with it sometimes and trust the process. If you are making the right choices the results you want will come in time.
  • coulsonavenged
    coulsonavenged Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above, the weight loss journey is never remotely linear, despite what we all hope. It is very common and normal to fluctuate from day to day, and can be caused by a variety of things, and can be 0 - 3 lbs depending on your size (and other factors). It's been suggested not to weigh daily, because of this. Personally I like weekly, but if that's too seldom you could do every other day, or every three days. Discouraging, but not dooming!