Any calisthenics fans on here?

Options
Any calisthenics fans on here. Looking for encouragement and support in this practice 🙏🏻

Replies

• tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used to do that old 70's calisthenics video. It found that it was a great workout but I never stuck with it.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do both gymnastics based skills training along with compound lifts.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I do both calisthenics and weight lifting. I'll be incorporating more calisthenics soon, I have a pair of gymnastics rings on the way.
  • GLG77
    GLG77 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That’s a great combo of training 👍
  • GLG77
    GLG77 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My favourite exercise apart from the muscle up👍
  • golfchess
    golfchess Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have always felt that calisthenics were under rated. Personally, I feel that it is a more natural movement than curling a dumbbell or other weight training.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Every day.

I run through the basic pushups, situps, leg lifts, etc. This has always been a key point of my daily training regimen.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Me. I love bodyweight exercises. I do lift some and walk a lot but I try to do several bodyweight exercises every day. Simple, no equipment but very effective if done properly.
  • golfchess
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Me. I love bodyweight exercises. I do lift some and walk a lot but I try to do several bodyweight exercises every day. Simple, no equipment but very effective if done properly.

I found that I have been doing body weight exercises during commercial breaks on the tv.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I've watched and read a lot on the original exercise guru Jack Lallanne, and I plan on doing his routines when I start my exercise regime at the new year.
  • blakemarshall
    blakemarshall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I’ve been off and on with it for a while. I’ve become anti gyms with the cost, time etc. with having a young family. Just started using gymnastics rings last few days. Still feeling sore!
    There’s heaps of info on YouTube. Thenx, Red Delta project, Fitness FAQs are my favourites.
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yes, I’ve recently downloaded a few free body weight apps and I’m in the process of figuring out which ones are my favorite.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I alternate between weights one day and calisthenics in the pool the next. I find doing them in the pool is very relaxing and a good recovery from the weights ... also easy on the joints for an old person (me)
  • golfchess
    Options
    @jan110144 When I go to the gym, I am surprised at how many people do not take advantage of the pool and spa. I agree that motion in the water is great. It gives the joints a break from the pounding of lifting.
  • CalisthenicsTraining
    CalisthenicsTraining Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    At the moment all I do is push ups. I’m eventually going to add in pull ups but I’m limited at the moment