1300 calorie diet

Options
I want to go on a 1300 calorie diet.
What would be a calorie range for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks?
I appreciate the help.

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what works for you??? Try something and see if it works for your schedule.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am on a diet that is about 1600 calories.. I usually have 200-400 for breakfast, 400-500 for lunch, and then around 500-600 for dinner and then left over calories are for snacks. Don't usually have snacks during the day because I am at work.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a lighter breakfast because I'm not too hungry in the morning (around 200), about 300-400 for lunch, 400-500 for dinner because I like bigger dinners and the rest I use on filling snacks/mini-meals.
  • 4Pookiecat
    4Pookiecat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find it very difficult to eat a 1300 calorie diet without exercising but when I do, it consists of 120 calories for breakfast (breakfast bar), 500 calories for lunch - usually a grilled chiabata roll with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, a piece of swiss cheese and a piece of provolone along with 100 calorie chip bag, and then a salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, a little feta cheese and a tablespoon of dressing - sometimes lemon juice instead because I like that), about 4-6 oz of lean meat and maybe a heated vegetable - like green beans, or lightly sauteed mushrooms, or maybe a piece of corn or some zuchini/parmesan baked chips or mashed cauliflower with a pat of margarine or butter.

I try to exercise daily so I can add a little extra food and not go over and still feel good. Usually I add in between 450 and 500 calories in exercise - this allows me an apple or piece of fruit mid day and a small ice cream "treat" as a snack or maybe a bigger breakfast and still end up with a couple hundred calories at the end of the day.