Food that is worth the calories

Options
i always get depressed seeing the threads about foods to avoid because they aren't worth the calories...let's talk about some that are worth the hit :)

for me, the wegman's pumpkin bread with a schmear of strawberry cream cheese on top is now a go-to for me (i'm sure i could make cheaper) - but my boss buys and i will always rejigger food in my diary to fit in a piece

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wine... unless it is really really cheap or bad wine
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I have switched to veggie pizza with no meat to save calories.
    Starbucks white chocolate mocha.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Paella, eggnog (with adult additive), - wow - that's all I can think of. Most other things I can have small amounts and fit them into my calorie goals. PSA - don't look up the number of calories in Paella rice...
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Christmas Dinner. Totally Worth It.

It's only once a year after all
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Paella, eggnog (with adult additive), - wow - that's all I can think of. Most other things I can have small amounts and fit them into my calorie goals. PSA - don't look up the number of calories in Paella rice...

have you ever tried moose milk? its a canadian beverage similar to egg nog - with ice cream, milk, rum, kahlua and vodka

That sounds WAY better than eggnog!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

have you ever tried moose milk? its a canadian beverage similar to egg nog - with ice cream, milk, rum, kahlua and vodka

That sounds WAY better than eggnog!

it is soo good! every year our canadian/australian/uk partners host a christmas party with all their respective goodies - and they make moose milk (the line is out the door) - but also the aussies bring the really good wine; desserts; poutine
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Go to the "Intermittent Feasting" thread - you will find what you're looking for there lol
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Rib eye steak is always worth it for me.

Amen. Off the smoker after being rubbed with Sweet and Smoky rub. *drooling
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. Foods where I'll always take the hit instead of trying to make them fit or passing them up? One I never pass up is caramel pecan rolls. The really big ones. I usually end up eating half now and half later. But at 600cals per half, they are kind of hard to fit in. And yes, a giant rib eye complete with a buttery baked potato slathered in sour cream and chives is always worth the hit as well.
  • cogirljb55
    cogirljb55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Avocado!!
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options

Not - yet... :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Chicken fried steak with gravy. I don't care if it's the only thing I eat that day besides breakfast and some green beans...it's worth it!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Really good french fries. Most don't meet the "really good" qualification.

Oh, and my mother's cheesecake recipe.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    My entire meal at Texas Roadhouse. Rolls with cinnamon butter, steak, loaded baked potato, green beans... ughh soo good I wish I could afford to eat there every week
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I budget for a single scoop of a Baskin-Robbins premium flavor about once a month. Sooooooooo good!

And potato kugel. I won't have it in the house; I'd eat the whole tray. But after synagogue services, there are refreshments; it's there, and I pre-log 1-2 pieces.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Really good french fries. Most don't meet the "really good" qualification.

Oh, and my mother's cheesecake recipe.

OOh I forgot about cheesecake! My MIL makes a chocholate chip one that is to die for. Worth it every time!