Finish: Give Yourself the Gift of Done by Jon Acuff

Options
Buy it! I listened to this on Audio books and it seriously has helped me so much through the holiday season! It's not a weight loss book but a book about accomplishing goals and how daunting things seem in our mind because of our own perfectionism.

It was so goooood for thinking through weigh loss goals, setting attainable standards and breaking dumb "rules" that we make for ourselves.

For example: Every week I was stressing out about meal prep thinking I had to make everything completely from scratch and something like chicken breast and broccoli.... Nothing frozen or "quick". Then I'd get tired of it, end up in the drive thru and feel like I was "off the rails". So, I decided to pick up some frozen meals for my lunches that fit my protein goals but were yummy... and it's made such a huge difference. I haven't binged once.

Just thought I'd share! It helped my thinking so so so much.... and such a huge part of this is mental. I don't work for this author or know him lol-- just seriously loved the book. If you've read it, let me hear your thoughts!

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    This looks really interesting! I've placed a hold for the book at my library. Looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You won't regret it. Not just for weight loss- that just happens to be one of my goals to "finish"... but lots of other goals that we start and then just don't complete. I'm totally a person who gets excited about a goal and then just lets it die.