Insanity Reviews

Options
2»

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I've done insanity, the asylums and p90x.

All of them support a weight loss goal so personally i would say they would all work for you.

Although i think its stupid to say one is harder then the other (because thats so subjective), but i'm one of the few that finds p90x harder then insanity. That might have a lot to do with the fact that the time commitment is much greater for p90x, and i have other fitness activities that i try to squeeze in while i'm doing the program.

Personally, i got a better body from p90x. Though i much perfer doing the Asylum workouts. Insanity is some where inbetween.

Your weight loss results will be 95% contingent on what you do and don't eat, regardless of what plan your doing, so keep that in mind.

probably p90x is going to be of more benefit to someone who is in pretty good shape already. I'd say you need to be able to do A pullup at least to get the most out of the program.

Honestly anyone of any fitness back ground can start and experience the full benefit of insanity... because the intensity of the program is really up to how hard you can push yourself. Pretty much all of the moves you can do right out of the box, tho some you may have to modify (tho i supose the same can be said for p90x).

Best part about insanity is that you by the dvds and your done. if you want dumbells for p90x that can end up costing quite a bit.

personally, my favorite resluts from insanity was the fact that my blood pressure was off the charts good. My family all are on meds for High blood pressure. I was always something over 80 or higher. even a few months after insanity my BP was something over 60
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    How many calories are all of you eating? Are you following the guide for how much you are eating? I am eating less than that but not sure if I should increase or not. Curious to see what others are doing. I'm starving ALL THE TIME! Omg, I lost 50 lbs eating this way and was okay, now I just want to eat eat eat! And nothing seems to fill me up. lol. I get plenty of protein and fiber.

I'm on my second round of Insanity - lost 15 lbs first round. It is slow to start but month 2 is a killer, and you see more in inches than in lbs.

The book told me 1800 but I'm only 5 1 ( 43 yo F) and that seemed like a lot. I've had a lot of luck at 1500, and had more than one day when I went over during month 2. Play around with the calorie number and find what works for you. 1200 isn't going to cut it. I've had a lot of success eating about 5 meals a day at 40/40/20 macros.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    personally, my favorite resluts from insanity was the fact that my blood pressure was off the charts good. My family all are on meds for High blood pressure. I was always something over 80 or higher. even a few months after insanity my BP was something over 60

I had this result too... I went to the Doctor after I finished my first round. The nurse took my BP twice, it was too good, it had to be a mistake!
  • KatiePearson14
    KatiePearson14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I decided I was going to give it a shot and ordered it. It will be here in a couple days
  • mommyworks
    Options
    I just order the insanity DVDs, can't wait to get started!
  • mommyworks
    Options
    I just order them also, GOOD LUCK!