Muscle and abs at the same time

Hi everyone, I'm trying to build some muscle and gain a good weight..I had kind a success but...I can't see my abs..I really have a good healthy lifestyle eating clean..what can I do?? Thank you and have a good day y'all😉

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Drop body fat and/or build your abs. It's hard to say, not knowing what you've got going on right now.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What are your stats? Do you know your bodyfat%? If you are lower in weight without abs building muscle can help, however keep in mind that if you are gaining weight, some fat will come with that and usually the abs will be hidden until you cut down.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Why do you associate gaining muscle and fat with visible abs definition?

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Chances are good that your abs are already there but buried under a layer of insulation. Generally, abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym i.e. you have to have a very low body fat percentage to have visible abs. Women usually start to see abs under 20% BF. I'm around 22% right now and have those lines framing my obliques above the hips but still have more work to go to uncover the rest.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    If you've been gaining weight you likely have fat covering up your abs and that's why you can't see them. Being able to "see your abs" is very difficult especially for a woman, and especially for certain body types/shapes. I personally would not concern myself over that.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Being able to see your abs is just a function of body fat levels - if your bf% is too high, you simply won't be able to see them. There is no magic bf% at which you know you'll be able to see them; that's highly dependent on the individual, as people carry bodyfat differently etc. If that's your goal though, you're gonna have to get into a deficit. If you've been gaining that means you're in a surplus.
    Also, saying you're "eating clean" doesn't really say much. If you're in a surplus eating the "cleanest" foods, you're still in a surplus and will still gain; if you're eating the dirtiest of junk food available but in a deficit, you'll still lose.