Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    My perfect diet

1. A diet that I can sustain for life
    2. A diet that includes all the foods I like
    3. A diet that does not include all the foods I dislike
    4. A diet that keeps me at my desired weight
    5. A diet that incorporates all food groups
    6. A diet that gives me at least the minimums I need for protein and fats and all those micronutrients.

This sums me up pretty well.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My perfect diet is eating a variety of the foods I love at a calorie goal that supports my weight. Due to my preferences and lifestyle, it's higher in carbohydrates (about 60% of my calories) with a tendency towards higher volume meals. Due to my ethical beliefs, it doesn't include any animal products.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Something I can do forever, so basically eating what I want, but less of it.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I usually eat two meals both with a good amount of protein and fat. Carbs fall where they will. And, I have an evening snack of about 200-300 calories of whatever I fancy.

So the best diet for me is similar to so many others who have posted: fits my calorie goals, hits my protein and fat minimums, fuels my lifting, doesn't exclude what I want and is sustainable for life.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    I’m not asking about the perfect diet in general, I don’t want to open that can of worms 😂 But for you personally, what kind of diet plan makes you feel the best and helps you achieve your goals? What does a day of this diet generally look like?

No particular plan. Lots of good nutritious food cooked largely from scratch or minimally processed ingredients. I figure if you're cooking most of the time, you're eating pretty nutritiously. I eat a crap ton of veg...things like oats, legumes, lentils, and root vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes are staple foods...I also eat a lot of fish and chicken. I have pizza night most Friday nights and also enjoy pub grub from time to time. I'm a big fan of lasagna in the winter and make it every couple of weeks.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Mine is sufficient protein, low carb and moderate fat.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I feel confident my diet defies any sort of defining, other than "calorie appropriate". I eat what I like, with prelogging to help me tweak serving sizes/frequency so my numbers fall where I want them to. I tend to be streaky, eating a particular food or type of food daily for weeks, then get tired of it and start on something else. (I'm on a potato kick right now, eating ALL the potatoes. I'll get sick of them soon and not buy another potato for weeks :lol: ) I'd say I end up being borderline moderate-to-high carb and most days moderate-to-low fat, just because that's the way I like to eat. I focus on keeping my protein and fiber at goal as that tends to fill me up.

If I were to brainstorm what the perfect healthy diet for me would be, I think it would pretty much be the Mediterranean diet. That way of eating is what I aspire to, someday, when I get serious :wink: