Should i eat more?

Options
OnalimOjag
OnalimOjag Posts: 79 Member
For the oast momth ive been eating at around 2700-2800 calories a day but after a momth ive only gained a pound and im trying to gain 1/2lb in a momth although in between i went to 145 the highest then went back down to 142 today. Should i start eating more? I’m 5’6 and have a very active lifestyle(gym 3x a week and takes about 10,000-15,000 steps a day) itfyb7idatxl.png

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If you aren't gaining like you want to, then, yes, you'll need to eat more.
  • OnalimOjag
    Options

It’s just weird cause I feel like I’ve already been eating a lot and I track my good accurately by weighing every single food and drink that I take in but yeah I will try to up it up to around 3,000 calories or 3200. I actually thought I was already gaining weight when my weight reached 145 but then it started going back down again so i figured it was all water weight
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    OnalimOjag wrote: »

It’s just weird cause I feel like I’ve already been eating a lot and I track my good accurately by weighing every single food and drink that I take in but yeah I will try to up it up to around 3,000 calories or 3200. I actually thought I was already gaining weight when my weight reached 145 but then it started going back down again so i figured it was all water weight

Eat more calorific food. Nut butters, full-fat dairy, etc. You'll want to keep food volume down a bit when trying to eat that many calories.
  • OnalimOjag
    Options

Eat more calorific food. Nut butters, full-fat dairy, etc. You'll want to keep food volume down a bit when trying to eat that many calories.

Is there a difference with eating more volume vs eating high density food?

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

What matters are the calories. It doesn't matter if it's more food or just higher calorie food as long as you're getting enough calories in your system.
  • OnalimOjag
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

What matters are the calories. It doesn't matter if it's more food or just higher calorie food as long as you're getting enough calories in your system.

Right. I was just wondering if there’s a difference with muscle growth or gaining less fat with eating more densed food than actually eating more volume of food.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Right. I was just wondering if there’s a difference with muscle growth or gaining less fat with eating more densed food than actually eating more volume of food.

Nope. The amount of fat you gain with muscle will be determined by the size of your calorie surplus. Not what you're eating.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You'll get full faster. Which makes eating a lot of calories difficult.