Trying to loose weight and get fit

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm going on a journey to loose weight and stay fit for the coming year. I already started working out, 3 days a week at the gym and 2 or 1 days at home. I need some help with portion control and how to space meals so I don't revert to old ways.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    do what works for you. I didn`t remove any foods from my diet nor did i cut out snacks. I just got a scale and ensure my food at the end of the day fit the recommended calories (by MFP). With time i made changes to what i ate to ensure i remained full (for me lots of low cal things like veggies as fillers at meals - others need more fat, or more protein, or more carbs).

to ensure success i didn`t make drastic changes beyond quantity. I still eat dessert/chocolate daily. I eat foods I enjoy. I also didn`t try a drastic drop in calories in order to "loose faster than recommended and white knuckle the process in hopes i can stick to it"

weigh and accurately log your food.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Yep, @Panini911 is correct: a food scale is important. Use it regularly and accurately and learn portion sizes from it so that you can gauge portions more accurately when you're not eating at home.

Slow down when you eat and enjoy your food. Try not to multi-task. This way eating is more enjoyable and slowing down generally causes you to eat less.

How many times per day you eat or when is highly individual. Along with your food diary keep brief notes on how you feel and your energy level and see if eating often (smaller portions) works for you or if you prefer a couple larger meals. Be patient and it will pay off.
  • allenronotyalc
    allenronotyalc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insights. I have a food scale so im definitely gonna put it to use.