Slowest Runner Contest

Options
2»

Replies

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I am also frequently DFL. But we're out there doing it.

what is DFL?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    Dead kitten last? 😂
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My gym has a 0.1 mi track, and an older gent runs at a pace such that I pass him walking (I walk at about 4mph). But at least he's running, he does it every day, and he's in decent shape so who am I to judge?
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    My gym has a 0.1 mi track, and an older gent runs at a pace such that I pass him walking (I walk at about 4mph). But at least he's running, he does it every day, and he's in decent shape so who am I to judge?

I’m not the world’s fastest runner to begin with, but when I was rehabbing from a major knee injury and just starting to run again, I got passed by a dude with a walker. In my defense, he was really flying.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »

I’m not the world’s fastest runner to begin with, but when I was rehabbing from a major knee injury and just starting to run again, I got passed by a dude with a walker. In my defense, he was really flying.

Reminds me of my first few workouts after my last(of three) child was born. I was over a year post partum, 50lbs heavier than right now, and the warmup of a group aerobics class was killing me and making me want to quit. RIGHT NOW. But to my immediate left as a woman in her late 70s or even early 80s totally killing it! And she did so for the whole workout. I stayed, and showed up for the whole series that I had prepayed for. People are awesome motivation!!