Where do you shop?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tight whites are purchased from Wal-Mart.
    Everything else, somewhere else. It's a quality thing.
    If I can recall, there've been shoes from SAS, Dick's, and online, a belt from some western-style outfitter in town, and shirts from an old employer as well as Brooks Brothers.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Torrid, Old Navy and Target. Sometimes Kohl’s. But I haven’t lost enough to change sizes yet so I’m not sure what I’ll do then.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Most might not believe so, but Macy's sometimes has pretty good deals...

If she catch a one day sale, or any sale for that matter, you will usually find them to be cheaper than kohl's whom I feel is over priced...

But jeans, Burlington coat factory ftw...

I agree with all of this! For jeans, I love Burlington, TJ Maxx, and Ross. They have such a huge mix of brands and prices and cuts, sometimes I have to make multiple trips into the fitting room but it's totally worth it to get awesome jeans I love, and for $7-15 usually. When I'm splurging a bit more, I love Madewell for jeans and tops and LOFT or Gap for dresses.

Macy's is great for clearance shopping, especially for career stuff and activewear! I had the absolute best luck at Macy's when I was in small plus sizes such as 12-16 and 1X. They seemed to always have tons of clearance plus in those sizes, I think because a lot of ladies on the cusp of plus try to go for misses sizing whenever possible. Whatever the reason, it was awesome.

I'm also a huge thrift shopper and especially love to thrift shop out of season. I just got a couple of Nike tennis skirts and a Land's End long torso swimsuit for next to nothing. Pulling out the great sweaters I bought in June. It's worth it to plan ahead, although I know this is better for me now that I'm years into maintenance and would not have worked while losing steadily.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I shop a variety of places. Kohl’s, Macy’s, JJill, American Eagle Outfitters.... Depends on what I’m looking for.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Mostly thrift stores. I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes I don't plan on being in very long. Once I'm at goal I'll spend some real money on quality but until then I'm good :)