BMR

Options
I checked my BMR and it said: Your estimated BMR is: 1,545 calories/day. Does this mean this is what I should try NOT to go over per day?? Is this my recommended calorie intake per day?? I don't know all of this stuff. I am in the same boat as many people her at MFP and was alloted 1,200 calories per day. I always go over if I don't exercise and tend to eat my exercise allotment per day if I do exercise. Can someone please try to help me understand this a bit better????

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    BMR is the amount of calories your body would need to maintain your weight in a Como, it is not the same as maintenance calories which would be anywhere from 300 to 2000 above BMR depending on your daily activity level.

It is suggested that you not eat under your BMR for a long period of time as it can slow your metabolism down. It is best to eat between BMR and maintenance calories to maintain slow consistent safe weight loss. If you are Obese it is usually okay to eat under BMR calories, otherwise it should be a minimum amount.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Depends on lots of things - how much you want to lose and what you weigh, etc.

Check your goals tab to see what you are expected to eat (net) each day. It's the same ole story - calories in (eating), calories out (exercising). If you want to eat more you exercise more. I do great 6 days a week when I exercise but on my one day of rest I am starving! Hang in there - you can do it!