Weight gain for women

Options
Hi guys/gals,
I just started this journey to gain more weight this week. I am currently 104lbs and have been skinny all my life. I do eat, it’s just that nothing sticks. I just want to put on some more lbs to enhance my body shape, not trying to bulk for body building.
Any tips??

Replies

• smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Same advice as for weight loss really, put your stats into MFP, pick a goal to gain 0.5lb a week (or more if you want) and eat the number of calories it tells you to. Underweight people tend to over-estimate the number of calories they eat, same as overweight people tend to underestimate so you need to attach an accurate number to it. Once you start weighting and tracking your foods you'll know what you're currently eating and can find ways to add calories. Using more oils when you cook, butter, nuts and nut butters, fattier cuts of meat etc are ways to increase your calories without adding more bulk to your meals so you don't feel stuffed all the time.

If you do start tracking and find you're eating an amount that should have you gaining weight for your height/ age etc. then consider going to a doctor and getting tested for an absorption disorder. I have ceoliac so obviously it jumps to my mind as soon as anyone says they have trouble gaining weight but there are a lot of other issues that can prevent you getting all your nutrients from your food. Do make sure you're eating enough before you start jumping to medical conclusions though.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You want to make eating a habit and increase your calorie dense foods and liquid calories. This thread might help.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi guys/gals,
    I just started this journey to gain more weight this week. I am currently 104lbs and have been skinny all my life. I do eat, it’s just that nothing sticks. I just want to put on some more lbs to enhance my body shape, not trying to bulk for body building.
    Any tips??

You are probably not eating enough
    eat more
    I used to think that am eating much and not gaining, when I joined this app 3 months ago, I counted my calories and it was under 1000 calories (how was that possible?) now I have gained 3kgs in 3 months by eating at least 2,000 calories
    Just eat and do some body exercises since you mentioned that you want to enhance your body.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi guys/gals,
    Any tips??

Just a heads up, when you gain weight without doing some sort of training, you can’t really control where that weight goes. So, it could end up accentuating or enhancing parts of your body you don’t necessarily want. You don’t have to bulk or be a body builder at all, but exercise is always beneficial in the long run.