6 pounds lost in a week... THEN D'OH.

Options
Christmas coming has been the perfect motivation to lose this last stone (5'5" and 147 pounds right now, trying very hard to get down to 140)... So I was a saint all week, restricted to myself to about 900 calories, didn't really treat myself....

And then, Christmas shopping. I had a rolll and sausage about 1 o'clock, came out the shops at 6:50 in the evening, bought myself a McD's and said I'd only have a few of the chips and half of the drink... At this point had around 800 calories left so this seemed safe.

I felt pretty hungry, so of course, completely lied to myself about having some restraint.

Checked the calories and I'm at -189... Already exercised today and can't really do it not without disturbing people.

GRRRRRR. It feels so annoying that I sabotaged my own weight loss! I'll try compensate until Christmas eve, but do the rest of you have experiences like that?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Christmas coming has been the perfect motivation to lose this last stone (5'5" and 147 pounds right now, trying very hard to get down to 140)... So I was a saint all week, restricted to myself to about 900 calories, didn't really treat myself....

And then, Christmas shopping. I had a rolll and sausage about 1 o'clock, came out the shops at 6:50 in the evening, bought myself a McD's and said I'd only have a few of the chips and half of the drink... At this point had around 800 calories left so this seemed safe.

I felt pretty hungry, so of course, completely lied to myself about having some restraint.

Checked the calories and I'm at -189... Already exercised today and can't really do it not without disturbing people.

GRRRRRR. It feels so annoying that I sabotaged my own weight loss! I'll try compensate until Christmas eve, but do the rest of you have experiences like that?

Had experiences with under-eating leading to overeating? Sure. If you need help getting off that roller-coaster, seek professional help.