Disadvantages of having high calorie dinner?

Options
I have been eating high calorie dinner 32 days. I am well under my total calorie goal but over my dinner calorie goal. I have read in many articles that dinner shouldn't be eating heavy dinner durong weightloss. I want to know how this will affect my weightloss goals. Also would like to understand basic concept behind this theory

Prady

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You've already been doing this 32 days, does it seem to be hampering your results? Are you not losing weight?
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    You know, you can also read just as many articles promoting OMAD (One Meal A Day). Timing doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss. Whatever way of eating suits you best is the right one for you.
  • Prady2012
    Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Prady, after reading several of your posts, I just wanted to suggest that you're over thinking. :smile: You can ignore all the confusing rules, just hit your calorie goal.

Log accurately and consistently for 4-6 weeks. Use the notes box to record any times you got hungry but didn't have calories left, or days you had no energy. Note days you hit your cal goal easily, or even had cals left over and weren't hungry. After a few weeks, start looking back and see if you notice any patterns. We're you always hungry on days after you ate a big dinner? Were you hungry on days your carbs were high? You'll start to figure out which foods fill you up and what eating schedule works best for you.

Hitting your calorie goal is universal. The specifics of how you most easily get there can be different for everyone. Don't sweat the small stuff :drinker:

Hahhaa.. thank you for sharing info kim.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    your body does not care what time of day you eat or how much. eat all of your calories a half hour before bed if you want.

what matters is the deficit.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CICO
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My weekly weigh-in is first thing Sunday morning. If I eat a big meal Saturday night, the scale almost always gives me a disappointing result. So that's the only disadvantage. And I know that it's not "true" weight gain, so much as the undigested food, and maybe some sodium impact, too.