Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Monkees Fans??

13»

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,674Member Member Posts: 3,674Member Member
    ToniC159 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if there were any Monkees fans here?

When I recently looked through all my old records, I was really surprised. I didn't find any Monkees albums. But I found this Donny Osmond album. I was hoping I could post a pic of my Monkees album. I swear I have one somewhere. s8si5d36axuo.jpg
  • MonkeeMama1MonkeeMama1 Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    6vsucc7ym2xp.jpeg
    Happy New Year, gang!!❤️❤️
  • TheRoadDogTheRoadDog Posts: 11,863Member Member Posts: 11,863Member Member
    The first gift I ever gave to a girl was a Monkee's album. 1968. Her name was Maggie. I was 13.
    Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. I haven’t been doing to good in the losing weight department, although I’ve been trying so hard, just not succeeding at all. I need some serious motivation!!!
  • RunsWithBeesRunsWithBees Posts: 1,067Member Member Posts: 1,067Member Member
    Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. I haven’t been doing to good in the losing weight department, although I’ve been trying so hard, just not succeeding at all. I need some serious motivation!!!

Some tips that helped me: Don’t be too hard on yourself! <3 Just eat what you normally would, no special diets, but eat less and weight loss will take a long time. Think in terms of months/years not days or weeks. Don’t ever drink your calories! If you drink something with calories, count them like you would your food intake. Don’t neglect calories in condiments, sauces or dressings... they count too! Do any exercise you can, even if it’s just walking, it all adds up in the end. Reward yourself with nonfoods like a new blouse, a long bubble bath, an undisturbed nap, read a good book sitting in the park, etc. Start deliberate good habits, after forcing yourself to do them, after awhile they just become second nature. Replace one meal with a really low calorie option. For example I used to have a cucumber with salt and a cup of black tea for breakfast every day back when I was losing weight and that would hold me off until lunchtime, that saved me a lot of calories to enjoy at lunch or dinner time later. Be kind to yourself and take care of your body :) oh, and a cheap food scale is a great tool to use for weight loss!
    Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...
    :) :D B) ;)
    Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...
    :) :D B) ;)

Oh yeah!!❤️❤️

• thereshegoesagainthereshegoesagain Posts: 823Member Member Posts: 823Member Member
    Hi, I was just wondering if there were any Monkees fans here?

When I recently looked through all my old records, I was really surprised. I didn't find any Monkees albums. But I found this Donny Osmond album. I was hoping I could post a pic of my Monkees album. I swear I have one somewhere. s8si5d36axuo.jpg

I saw the Donny & Marie show in Vegas last year. They were great!
    l5u1gv0kuf32.jpeg
    Rest In Peace dear Peter, we shall miss you terribly and be forever grateful for the treasured memories you leave us with. We love you! <3
  • TheRoadDogTheRoadDog Posts: 11,863Member Member Posts: 11,863Member Member
    Pretty sad. He was my favorite. The Ringo of the Monkees.
  • glassyoglassyo Posts: 3,907Member Member Posts: 3,907Member Member
    Wait. What? Peter Tork died???
  • Sunshine_And_SandSunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,215Member Member Posts: 1,215Member Member
    I used to watch reruns of their TV show on nickelodeon when I was a kid. It was pretty funny.
    zuc8abhua6b6.jpeg
    🤣🤣🤣
  • SummerTwentyOneSummerTwentyOne Posts: 510Member Member Posts: 510Member Member
    Yes! I’m so glad their popularity are resurrecting!
  • beastierbeastier Posts: 1,789Member Member Posts: 1,789Member Member
    Good morning, my fellow Monkeemaniacs!! How ya all doin’? Still very, very heartbroken over Peter, he was (and still is!) my love❤️❤️ I’ll be around more, I promise!