Anyone tried Ultimate Yogi?

Options
The 108 day program set. They call it the P90x of yoga ( which some roll their eyes at lol) but for me my flexibility is suffering and the structured calendar appeals to me because I am used to the Beachbody programs. I'd love to hear if anyone completed it, how did your flexibility improve? Did you lose any weight or inches? I am not approaching it for weight loss but that would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The p90x of yoga?

Does that mean the thing you have to make do with, because you can't afford or haven't got access to the stuff you really would like/need of yoga?
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    For once, I agree with Iron Smasher.

Find a good local yoga teacher if yoga is what you seek/need.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Nah I have done tons of yoga, just not consistently. I can't make it to outside classes right now due to my schedule, plus I prefer DVDs in the privacy of my own home. The appeal of the program/calendar setup is that it would get me in a habit. Ideally I would have the time and money to go to a studio daily, of course.
  • bauhausfrau
    bauhausfrau Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What does P90X of yoga mean? Does that just mean the schedule, or is it some kind of "yoga confusion" revelation? I know this sounds snotty, but it's actually a real question. I didn't get hot yoga at first either, but I love it now that I understand it. Is this something new like hot yoga?
  • stephanj
    Options
    No lol not "yoga confusion" or anything. it's just a nickname the program got because it has multiple disks with different emphases, and comes with a 3-month calendar of how to go through them.

Here: http://www.theultimateyogi.com/

I like the idea of buying a set of mutiple discs because it gives me lots of options depending on what my body is up to. I notice a lot of people discussing DDP yoga as well. The production (instructor, venue) of this one appeals to me more though, just personal preference...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I think there is a difference between DDP and ultimate yogi. Travis Elliot is a yoga teacher by training - he does workshops, travels, etc.. DDP is taught by a wrestler by training.

I've never tried the ultimate yogi, but given the choice between the two or three if you include P90X, Ultimate yogi is the most likely to contain traditional yoga poses.
  • stephanj
    Options
    I think there is a difference between DDP and ultimate yogi. Travis Elliot is a yoga teacher by training - he does workshops, travels, etc.. DDP is taught by a wrestler by training.

I've never tried the ultimate yogi, but given the choice between the two or three if you include P90X, Ultimate yogi is the most likely to contain traditional yoga poses.

Thanks for the insight! Yes traditional yoga is what I am after, I want the mind/body effect and the meditation that goes along with it.
  • elvyttaa
    elvyttaa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I love the Ultimate Yogi DVD's. Travis is a great teacher.Even my cat loves him. LOL. I have tried many yoga DVD's over the past 10 years, and these are truly the ultimate. I haven't ever completed the 108 consecutive days thing though, the longest I've made it is 36 days. I try to follow the calendar as closely as I can, but with a full-time job and three kids I don't always have the time to get on the mat! :smile:
  • maliaakinaka
    maliaakinaka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is really old but I found it googling “how to enter Ultimate yogi into MyFitnessPal” :) I have done the ultimate yogi program. Was consistent following the calendar daily and ended up loosing inches and being in the best strength and shape of my life. I usually do les mills body pump at a gym which I love and have gotten good results from when consistent with 3x a week but had to take a break from that because of a pinched nerve in my neck. The ultimate yogi program took my toning to a whole new level! PLUS I had never in my life been able to touch my toes before doing the UY program and it increased my flexibility majorly and I got to that point. Now that I’m back to body pump only I can no longer touch my toes ;) so just starting to work the UY program back in on my in between body pump days. Ultimate Yogi is the BEST yoga program I’ve tried!! And I’ve tried a bunch. Its also good for mind and spirit.
  • anikasakina
    anikasakina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree. I lost 60lbs in three months doing The Ulitmate Yogi while on Keto. I was in the best shape of my life. The definition in my shoulders arms and legs was amazing. I slacked off and have recently began UY and keto. I know it works.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    P90x actually has a yoga class, which I have done. It's power type yoga - not something that a person new to yoga should jump into.

I have no knowledge of Ultimate Yogi, but unless it starts with beginner yoga and builds up, I wouldn't recommend it for beginners, and even then think they'd be much safer starting in a yoga studio where a teacher can observe and correct form.

https://theultimateyogi.com/about/

Ok, since it says "challenge the expert" I DEFINTELY don't recommend it for anyone who is not already experienced with power/Ashtanga/Jivan Mukti/Vinyasa style yoga. Too great a potential for injury.