Getting a jump on January

Options
Hi folks. My 2018 did not go as planned and I gained about 50 pounds instead of losing it. I know exactly why-I fell into my bad habits.

I kept telling myself that come January I’d get back on track. Yesterday I realized that was an excuse to overindulge over Christmas. So I’m starting today with my logging and meal planning. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it. Hopefully this public commitment will help keep me on task and inspire you to join me for strength and support over the next few days and into the the year.

I find our “news feeds” as a great way to stay connected so feel free to send me a friend request or request one from me and others by replying. I look forward to meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones! :)

Replies

• thando1864
    thando1864 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck I’m getting a jump on January too New Years resolutions before the new year.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,299 Member
    Options
    Last year I did the same thing.. only the day or so after Christmas. I told myself I'd start early instead of being like everyone else and jinx myself by starting in January. That head start paid off. I did lose my weight and got it off before summer. You can do it.. just go for it!
  • murphybj
    murphybj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too started last year the day after Christmas motivated by Kstephenson40. So glad I found this post today. I plan to get back to logging my food daily and get off the sugar train.
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Last year I gained near 50 lbs and it was devistating. I was already trying to lose 40-50 before I gained that. So far I'm down abo 30 lbs but everyday is still a struggling I keep saying January will be my month!! Well for me January starts today!! Let's do this!!
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I’m with you too! I regain 5 lbs this month and if I wait till January who knows how much more I’ll regain!!!😩
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I joined the lose 1 pound per week group if you’re interested.
  • longkathleenann9291
    Options
    I started last July after seeing vacation photos of myself. Have lost 30 lbs to date and have around another 20 to go. Feel free to send me a friends request!