Any ideas to enhance my diet are welcomed
I am sad with results i only lost 1 kg last 10 days
Pls help

Replies

• saynow111
    saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    1kg in 10 days is EXCELLENT and fast weight loss. that is 2 pounds in a week which is generally speaking the fastest recommended speed of loss. so the issue is not that you are not loosing at a good rate or not but rather your EXPECTATIONS seem to be unrealistic.

to loose weight you need to eat fewer calories than you use. You don't need to avoid food groups (and too low fast is not heatlhy) or anything fancy. just eat fewer calories than you use over time.

But you want to ensure to eat in a balanced way (which includes fat) for your overall and long term health.
    Fats has high calorie density
    wts amout recommended amount of unsaturated fats?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    saynow111 wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    1kg in 10 days is EXCELLENT and fast weight loss. that is 2 pounds in a week which is generally speaking the fastest recommended speed of loss. so the issue is not that you are not loosing at a good rate or not but rather your EXPECTATIONS seem to be unrealistic.

to loose weight you need to eat fewer calories than you use. You don't need to avoid food groups (and too low fast is not heatlhy) or anything fancy. just eat fewer calories than you use over time.

But you want to ensure to eat in a balanced way (which includes fat) for your overall and long term health.
    Fats has high calorie density
    wts amout recommended amount of unsaturated fats?

While that is true it is also important to note that dietary fat is needed for hormone balance and even for the body to absorb some vitamins/minerals.

AMDR for total fat is 20-35% of your calories.
  • scott99lee
    scott99lee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was going to post a similar question. I am overweight (and quit smoking a year ago) and started MFP 37 days ago. I log everything I eat and stay in the suggested zones for the Macros. I exercise 5 times a week(3 at the gym). My calorie intake is usually much lower than my goal even without the exercise add back. I’ve only lost 4 pounds so far and need to lose 30. I’m 60 years old and pretty active. I’ve been reading up on this and I’m wondering if I need to eat more (as in up to the calorie goal MFP suggests) because my body may think I’m “starving”... (can’t imagine but apparently it happens) Is it normal to go a week or two and not lose anything? Also not sure how accurate my scale is. Help!!!!
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I would suggest adding some healthy fats (eggs, nuts, avocado) to your diet to help keep you fuller for longer. Fats also help with nutrient absorption so whilst it does sound logical to cut down on fat to lose fat, a little fat is beneficial.

The other thing I thought might help is more varied exercise. Walking is good but variety keeps things interesting and will work different muscles. It doesn't have to be expensive- look for yoga/pilates workouts online, or HIIT workouts you can do at home.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    How to lose weight?

Eat fewer calories than you burn.