My weekly fitness plan. Opinions please.

Options
Ok so I started going to the gym this time last year. Not really a resolution but kind of.

I've tried all the classes and lost 13.5 kgs. But made some changes to amp it up this year and include some weight training to lose the additional 13.5 kgs.

Sun - weight training upper body (45-60mins)
Mon - Active Core - abdominal class (30 mins)
Tues - Zumba (60 mins)
Wed - Zumba (60 mins)
Thu - Zumba (60 mins)
Friday - Weight Training Lower Body (45 - 60 mins)
Sat - Stretching Yoga (60 mins)

I eat between 1200 - 1500 Cal's per day. Try to eat high protein with lots of vegetables.

I burn approx 2400 Cal's a day and aim for 70,000 steps per week.

What do you think of my fitness plan?

What does your upcoming fitness plan include?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of doing something every day.
    I think most trainers would advise you to work each muscle group twice a week instead of once. You can easily do this with a full-body workout (upper + lower) every 3-4 days. If there are no full-body classes, simply workout on your own, following one the programs in the pinned post. Once you're on a good, full-body program, i'd replace the abs class with something more productive.. maybe running, or boxing, or whatever you enjoy. :+1:
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Not sure how sustainable it is long term as you're only allowing one day of rest. Hope it works out for you though.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Exercise plans are highly personal... so if it works for you, then that's all that matters. If it's reasonably sustainable and in line with your goals, then go with it. Nothing about it, on paper, looks terribly out of whack.

Taking things at face value, your calorie numbers look to put you in a pretty big deficit. Keep an eye on that - it may set you up for problems.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I would hate it, but you would hate my routine too probably!
    (Any kind of dance and me really don't go together...)

Goals and what exercise you enjoy are very personal but I like that you have a mix of strength, cardio and flexibility.

Making your two weight training sessions full body would probably give you better results though.

I wouldn't be at all concerned that there isn't a full rest day except you are trying to do it with what appears to be a very large calorie deficit. That might prove increasingly difficult to sustain.

My routine at the moment is strength training (x3) plus technical and quite intense indoor cycling to set me up for the outdoor season in the Spring.