Let's Do this! - 2019 Challenge - Be the best you can be!

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @loonyhiker yes travelling can be stressful but fun. I didn't gain on my cruise since I was pretty active walking and swimming but also eating. It was hard to adjust though when I got back and not as active but used to eating larger meals. Enjoy. You will get do well when you get back.

@mynacha73 I hope the interview goes/went well. I wish my snacks were so healthy. Chocolate is good for you if there isn't too much other things mixed in.

We are still getting used to what seems to be a grueling schedule picking up our daughter at school later. We have extra activities mixed in as well. The Symphony Thursday was so wonderful. In the coming weeks I have to fit in Drs and dental visits and a workshop. Last week we weren't as good cooking at home (crock pot meals) as we were the week before. We went to aquafit 2 nights. I had an appoint the other and we walked a bit on campus. So it worked out this week but busy. Friday we came home and had leftovers. However this weekend has been good. I seem to be playing catch up every weekend logging what meals I can remember and putting in my exercise etc. We have some food planned this week so lets hope it works as planned.

We are making slow progress on the bathroom remodel (the repair work is done). That is another complication in life now. Getting tired of taking showers in the basement and the Y.

Hope all have a great week ahead.
  • loonyhiker
    loonyhiker Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, we've had some bad storms this past weekend. A limb off our tree went through our neighbor's window. Now we are getting estimates to cut down the huge tree. I didn't realize this costs thousands of dollars! Hope everyone is doing well.
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    Well, I worked 6 hours gardening the first day and then 8 hours gardening yesterday but my exercise ring never closed. I'm sore all over (arms and backs) so I KNOW I exercised! LOL We are having the big tree cut down on Monday and my yard looks fabulous. I am feeling less stressed so I'm getting back on the wagon. I even turned down ice cream last night.
  • Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I know it’s April but can I join your challenge?
  • AmyLauren2019
    AmyLauren2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too? Can I join?
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Efsim & @AmyLauren2019!

I have been a little lazy this week after being sick for a week. I was feeling better last week by I didn't workout and this past week I was fine, but just didn't feel like picking up the intensity. I hope to get back to running in the next week or so.

I have been doing okay with my diet. I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained either. I think once I get back to more intense workouts I will start losing again.
  • Efsim
    Options
    Thank you for letting me join!
    @msarobix I hope you feel better, it’s so hard to have energy to workout when your not feeling good.
    This was my first week back to working out in a while: I set the goal for the week to workout everyday somehow. I achieved it so on to this week with working out and watching what I eat. My biggest obstacle is chocolate ( I do not have self control with it; I’ll eat it for my meals and have veggies as my snack)
  • Smilely3
    Smilely3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @msarobix hope you feel better soon.@Efsim welcome@Amylauren2019 welcome. Happy Easter everyone. I managed to meet my workout goal of 3x's a week. Still working on my food choices. I brought a digital fitness scale yesterday that tells you your weight, fat%, water % , muscles weight, bone density. Anyone have any ideas on how to lose weight without to much weight training?
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I notice that whenever we eat out, my weight goes up about .5 lb. There's so much salt and who knows what in my food even though I feel like I'm making good food choices. I have turned down ice cream every day for the past 3 days so hubby has eaten it all. Now there is no more ice cream in the house to tempt me. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm an "all or nothing" gal and I don't have just "a little bit." It is so much easier for me if I don't have anything. Have a great week everyone!
  • Efsim
    Options
    @Smilely3 you don’t have to lift that much weights to lose weight; you can do cardio workouts and also lower how many calories you eat to lose weight- for my body if I eat more protein and less starchy, or bread it helps me lose a little weight. Also great job at meeting your workout goals, that is great progress
    @loonyhiker that is great that you turned down ice cream three days in a row, you are way better than me with that! Keep up the great work.
    This week I started out good but then I had to make a quick trip which made me exhausted so I was not motivated at all and went the easy route on food choices.
    This week I’m going to exercise everyday, and log my food choices in MFP if I say it on here you can all hold me accountable, I’m hoping this will help me get back into groove of things!
    Have a great week everyone, we all will meet our fitness and health goals
  • KeriA
    Options
    Welcome @AmyLauren2 and @Efsim - that’s great you made your goal to exercise every day.

@Smilely3 that’s great that you met your exercise goal too.

Yes @loonyhiker that is one reason my goal of eating at home besides cost. Even if you make good choices eating out there is the salt.

Well this week instead of losing and gaining and losing, I got my weight down and kept it down. It may be the same number in the end but I feel like it is a win. Did my 3 days of exercise and was a bit more active in general. We did plan meals at home and made them which is hard when you come home late every night. We have planned meals for this week too. I made reservations for a 3 day weekend trip at the end of Spring quarter to motivate us all to work hard.

I am really thrilled that my daughter has started to exercise. I think that it means that the transfer to a school close by has been the right one for her. She seems to be doing well and this unprompted healthy change shows she feels like she is on the right track. It shows she feels positive about life enough to put in this extra effort to take care of herself.

great week all!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hope all of your weeks are going well. Just thought I would take to post mid-week since I haven't been on here during the weekdays much. Got to aquafit yesterday and we have been eating at home so far so good. Think I will try to get to bed soon.
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    We arrived in Copenhagen after a 27 hour plane adventure. Lost our luggage but they found it and sent it to our hotel today. Having a great time! I had over 27,000 steps today. Dinner is in our hotel room (fruit and cheese that we bought at the grocery store.)
  • Efsim
    Options
    Good week everyone, I realized that I forgot to post this week;
    Hope everyone is having a great week!
    I have been consistently with working out: and exciting news is I ran 3 miles in 12.3 ( first 3 miles in over two years).
    My eating is getting better but I crave, cave in and eat so much chocolate. Especially with cutting calories way back- and advice in overcoming it ( I cannot eat just one it’s the whole bag and when I go shopping I make excuse to buy some)
    Goal this week is continue my workout ( maybe get my 3 mile time down)
    And figure out the chocolate crisis
  • msarobix
    Options
    Hi Everyone, it has been a few weeks since I logged in. My exercise habits over the last few weeks have been sparse. I had a bout of vertigo that kept me down for a few days. One day I barely got out of bed, I think it was the worst calorie burn EVER.

I am just now getting back to regular workouts, but I am pretty much starting over with the running. After being sick for 2 weeks at the beginning of April, not working out much over a 2 week period and then having vertigo for a few days I pretty much lost all my running fitness. I am not happy about that, but I am starting to work my way back up.

I need to get back on track with my eating as well. I have been slacking over a bit over the last few weeks. I am tempted to do the Whole 30 program for a few weeks just to jump start again, but probably won't stick to that diet long term.

I hop everyone is doing well, and I look forward to hearing how everyone else has been over the last few weeks.

@loonyhiker WOW, 27 hours on a plan, I think I would have gone mad. Glad they found your luggage.

• KeriA
    Options
    @loonhiker sounds like you are having a great trip and doing well.
    @Efsim I just buy dark chocolate and I find I do not eat as much of it. For mother's day I got some that were dark truffles but my daughter helps me eat them. It sounds like you are doing well in general.
    @msarobix sorry to hear about the vertigo and hope it is better now. My husband has that all the time but he has learned to deal with it and I think it isn't as intense. My sister though gets very bad boughts periodically. She can't get out of bed either much.

I am very slowly losing weight. With our Y closed we have been going MWF instead of Saturday mornings at our Y. Yesterday Saturday my daughter and I went to a street fair and it was a fun way to get extra steps in. My knee sometimes acts up when I walk too long but it was fine yesterday. My Mom is in the hospital so I was lucky to get the exercise I did this past week. It has been a grueling quarter with late nights but we have made meals at home despite getting home late. My daughter has registered for Fall and she will only be late on MW when we have aquafit anyway so it will be better as will summer. At least her Friday class has ended so that is a normal night. So we just have to get through to mid June. We will go on a long weekend trip to a hot springs resort after the quarter ends. So that will be lots of swimming and a walk for dinner each night. We have a camping trip later in the summer too.
  • msarobix
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have really been struggling after being sick and the beginning of April, followed by a mini vacation. Since then I haven't really be watching what I have been eating and actually gained a little. I am trying to get back on track and decided to join NOOM! to get a little support and expert advice. I have been using the app for just under a week and so far I like it. Not much has happened yet, but I have been working with a goal coach to start making some mini goals towards my ultimate goal. I am also supposed to be assigned to a support group soon, just not sure exactly when.

I have committed myself to working this program for at least the next three months (16 weeks). That is how long their initial program is. At which time I will determine if I will continue paying for the service or if I have learned enough to continue on my own.

If all goes well on the program I expect to lose 64% of the weight that I want to lose by the end of the year. If I can do that in 16 weeks then it just might be possible for me to los the remaining 36% in the last 3 months of the year.

How is everyone else doing? I feel really bad that I haven't been stopping in here as often.

@KeriA - Slow and steady weight loss is better than gaining. So I say you are doing AMAZING! I am happy to hear that you have found some alternatives for exercise since your Y closed.

I hope to check in again this weekend.
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    We got home last night at 1am (after being up for 25 hours!) I woke up at 6am. I gained 4 lbs this month but I don't feel too bad since we were traveling. Hopefully it will come off quickly.

Happy that I completed the May goal on my Apple Watch (158 miles for the month of May).

June Challenge - Reach exercise goal 14 times this month. Not sure I can do this since we are gong to be in the car most of the month on a road trip.

• msarobix
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Things are still going well on Noom! I finished week one and lost 2 lbs. It was two pounds that I had gained since the beginning of April, but I am happy to be going in the right direction again. I have been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water, so that is awesome. My workouts are increasing again, and I hope to be burning 500+ calories during my workouts by the end of the month. Currently I am at or just shy of 450 calories.

@loonyhiker - You can reach your exercise goal this month, just take some time during your pit stops to walk for 10-15 minutes. Make sure you start your Workout App too. My Challenge this month is to complete 12 workouts of at least 15 minutes or more. The problem is that I use a different app when I run so I might have to do some off the treadmill workouts to complete this challenge. Although I had planned on starting the 28 Day Bloglaties Summer Sculpt Challenge. So hopefully that will help me get there.

• KeriA
    Options
    @msarobix great to hear things are going well with Noom. Better yet it is good to hear that you are getting back into workouts.

@loonyhiker hope the travelling goes well.

Our Y is open again but last week with Memorial Day and a night meeting I missed Aquafit but I went Saturday morning. So I am back on track. My sister and brother are back so we are sharing helping my Mom. She said she felt better today.

We also had a heart to heart with our bathroom contractor and they are going to get the bathtub done so the bathroom fixtures can be put in by the plumber mid month. They also plan to have the floor done by then too. So it seems we are finally making progress.

Hope we can have a normal exercise schedule this week as well. I made some chili for last night and the week and my husband made a chicken broccoli casserole for tonight and this week so we should have meals set for most of the week or at least for Aquafit nights.

My daughter is nearing the end of the quarter and doing well. 2 final projects and 2 final exams to go. We will take her on a long weekend away at a hot springs resort after she finishes up the quarter. Her fall quarter won't be as bad since she only has late nights on our Aquafit nights.

Have a great week all.