Christmas motivation & looking for support ~

Options
Hiya ! Looking for some support / new friends on mfp

I’m 22 yr old gal living in the UK! Been on mfp for a few years but over half of my friends are now inactive!

After Christmas I think will be a tricky period so would love a lil bit of community support to get me back on track in the new year!

Feel free to add - I try to do my diary fault & also do progress pics as n when!

Happy Christmas !

Replies

• gusbob_47
    gusbob_47 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I’m fearful of Christmas too, but I’m trying to keep focused as I’ve lost 15lbs in last 5 months......one day at a time 😉
  • faeriedanielle
    faeriedanielle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    gusbob_47 wrote: »
    I’m fearful of Christmas too, but I’m trying to keep focused as I’ve lost 15lbs in last 5 months......one day at a time 😉

Congrats! Very true , i suppose a couple day at can’t hurt too much in the bigger picture!

• gusbob_47
    gusbob_47 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Diary is a must for me
  • redd_dayspring12
    redd_dayspring12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add me looking to add to the fit family redd_dayspring12
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Strange thing is I find this time of year a bonus as it makes my resolve even stronger because I know of the extra temptation. Go figure.
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hugs! I'm in the same boat
  • lunarlake
    lunarlake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It’s interesting... I have a bit of a history with binge eating, and food generally feels more like a hobby to me than a means of staying alive. Which is how I ended up 4 stones overweight, I’m guessing. But I’ve been doing the CICO thing since May of this year and am down around 28 pounds so it’s gradually happening.

Now, when I allow myself a free rein and eat like I did in what I like to call the ‘old days’, I invariably end up feeling tired, sick and ready to jump back into eating delicious healthy food and doing fantastic tough workouts (the ones I occasionally grumbled about doing under my breath). They make me feel great, amazingly enough! And that helps a lot with keeping on track in the longer term, which is what really matters.

So this Christmas, I’ve eaten things I would usually consider too ‘expensive’ from a caloric perspective, hardly moved my lazy self from the sofa, and not worried too much about it, knowing I’d end up feeling fairly dreadful.

Job done. I’m ready for Phase 2!

So we’re back to the ‘one day at a time’ idea. It’ll be fine, as long as we never give up.